Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the nation’s best supercharger road trip?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has someone ever done this question?

If not - please post your suggestions for your candidate!

suggested qualities for the perfect Supercharger road trip:

1. Plenty of superchargers along (or nearby) the road.
2. Nice supercharger resting spots.
3. Amazing views.
4. Thrilling ride (it’s a sports car after all!).
5. Bonus: Well maintained destination chargers at good hotel or restaurant.

I know amazing views and abundance of chargers are conflicting demands. That is part of the fun!

PS: I’m open to international suggestions as well.

Last edited:
You're lucky because you've got one of the best right out your back door. Point your ride North along the PCH as far as you're willing to go (Canadian Border?) and enjoy all of the items on your check list. We did this several years ago in a 60kWh MS and it was a little tight at a couple of the charge locations. At the time I wasn't aware that they had recently taken a Supercharger live along the route that kept us from getting stranded. I knew nothing about the cars and nav kept telling us to get back on the interstate. We coasted into the stop at a couple of them but I would imagine that it's much easier now with 1) more locations and 2) more range that your car has. We've taken lots of trips around the country and this was still one of the most scenic, most fun and best appointed routes we've taken. You can go South and do the same thing for another trip. Either way, you can make the trip as long or as short as you want given all of the little canyons you can take that head East and uphill all over the place. We came out there with our motorcycles many years ago and I was amazing at all of the little canyon roads you could take with epic twisties and some with great views. They're everywhere. These may take a little more advance planning depending on how far off the path you get as climbing in elevation can take a chunk out of your range but other than that you live in about the best place in the country for everything you described. Don't take it for granted. ;)

Reactions: yurmix and AlexHung
You're lucky because you've got one of the best right out your back door. Point your ride North along the PCH as far as you're willing to go (Canadian Border?) and enjoy all of the items on your check list. We did this several years ago in a 60kWh MS and it was a little tight at a couple of the charge locations. At the time I wasn't aware that they had recently taken a Supercharger live along the route that kept us from getting stranded. I knew nothing about the cars and nav kept telling us to get back on the interstate. We coasted into the stop at a couple of them but I would imagine that it's much easier now with 1) more locations and 2) more range that your car has. We've taken lots of trips around the country and this was still one of the most scenic, most fun and best appointed routes we've taken. You can go South and do the same thing for another trip. Either way, you can make the trip as long or as short as you want given all of the little canyons you can take that head East and uphill all over the place. We came out there with our motorcycles many years ago and I was amazing at all of the little canyon roads you could take with epic twisties and some with great views. They're everywhere. These may take a little more advance planning depending on how far off the path you get as climbing in elevation can take a chunk out of your range but other than that you live in about the best place in the country for everything you described. Don't take it for granted. ;)

(I opened this thread and forgot my location is visible ☺️).

Awesome thank you! Indeed, still waiting to see how route-1 feels like in an EV.
But I do hope California isn’t the only state to offer a solid EV road trip opportunity.