Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is this? Inside of the doors.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone seen this before?
I have tried washing this, but it comes back.
Comes out when it`s cold (below freezing) and looks somewhat like mold and somewhat like the leather is sweating. I can "rub it out" and it feels kind of "oily"; and when doing so; it looks good/normal for a few days; but then it comes back. This is on the inside of the doors only, and no other place...
This is a 2015 model S.
Thankful for any help ;)
IMG_20220116_142457.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220116_142516.jpg
    IMG_20220116_142516.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20220116_142453.jpg
    IMG_20220116_142453.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 93
It does look like mold. You say it is oily and I wonder if it is something the manufacturer put into the leather, like Neatsfoot oil to try and preserve it. If you haven't already, try contacting service to see what they say. Might have to take it in for them to look at it. Or, maybe there is a leather shop you can go to and have someone, hopefully a leather expert, that might be able to tell what it is and how to fix. How annoying for you. If nothing else, I'd try a leather cleaner and then a conditioner. Just a quick thought. Keep us updated!

Upvote 0
Anyone seen this before?
I have tried washing this, but it comes back.
Comes out when it`s cold (below freezing) and looks somewhat like mold and somewhat like the leather is sweating. I can "rub it out" and it feels kind of "oily"; and when doing so; it looks good/normal for a few days; but then it comes back. This is on the inside of the doors only, and no other place...
This is a 2015 model S.
Thankful for any help ;)View attachment 766491
I recommend ordering a new door panel. There also may be water intrusion in the door. I’d remove the panel, check for moisture, and apply a new membrane in the door if required. Then, replace the interior panel with a new one.

Reactions: outdoors
Upvote 0
I recommend ordering a new door panel. There also may be water intrusion in the door. I’d remove the panel, check for moisture, and apply a new membrane in the door if required. Then, replace the interior panel with a new one.
I appologize for being sceptical, but this seems like a response someone from Tesla would use to sell more equipment...(?)

Upvote 0