Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is this on PPF?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
513FEFFD-AECF-4705-BCDC-C0B22B45476C.jpeg
9409B2BB-6F40-40EC-832E-D59A51FB77F6.jpeg
This is Xpel Ultimate covered in lifetime Ceramic Pro 9H. I can’t tell what these divots are though. It’s very hard to capture on camera, but hopefully you can see what I’m asking about.

@XPEL

Last edited:
The first two pics seem to show dried-out bubbles. The bottom two pics, you have to keep pressing those seams down until they stick. Just use your palm and press those pieces that are up and smooth it away. Should have taken it back to the shop to let them do it, after a week. Did they tell you anything to expect?

Reactions: outdoors
The first two pics seem to show dried-out bubbles. The bottom two pics, you have to keep pressing those seams down until they stick. Just use your palm and press those pieces that are up and smooth it away. Should have taken it back to the shop to let them do it, after a week. Did they tell you anything to expect?

They definitely said if I saw any issues to bring it back in. It’s just hard when you’re pressed for time.

Might as well add some other odd issues. This is 3 weeks after install FYI. I was aware they were using a template, hence why it was so much less expensive than other vendors. View attachment 411731View attachment 411732

Template or not. That needs to go back. Yes time is an issue. Doing it the right the first time is the best. I had to have my 3 almost redone by a different vendor at XPEL's cost. Once to have it put on. Twice to have it fixed, but not right. Usually if they can't do it right they can't fix it either. As in multiple issues. Not talking a bubble here and there.

Fourth and final time. The shop that did my S. Should have paid the extra 1k for top notch work. Learn something every day. Felt like a schmuck crawling back as they laughed at me.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lhshockey24
Nothing wrong with using a template. In fact, that's really better than hand cutting on your car. The template can be modified, so my installer makes the edges longer where they can be wrapped, so there is no seam.

Reactions: outdoors