Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What level of issues with Model 3 [poll]

What level of issues with Model 3

• 0% I won the Tesla Lottery

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • 1-10% Damn not bad at all

Votes: 64 55.7%
  • 10-15% It's nice to visit the Tesla service center once in a blue moon.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • 15-25% Just a couple of times a year

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • 25-35% Starting to know each Tesla service advisor by name

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • 35-45% Know the people in the shop by name as well.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 45-55% Know the wife and kids names of all who work at your Tesla center.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 55-65% Starting to think of Service Center as Second home.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65% and above Service Center is second home.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a couple times a year but I do know the service advisers by name now.

2018 M3, 3.5 years, 28k miles

-Paint issues from the factory
-Issues with driver side window opening itself after going up halfway when trying to close.
-Creaking sounds in the cold in the front upper control arms, they replaced two sets and still had issues until they replaced something else.
-Creaking passenger door.
-Passenger side HVAC fan direction stopped working

Not too many issues but many of these took multiple visits to resolve.
I’ve got a creaking drivers door. Any idea what the fix was?

I think I got a bad one, as I've had more issues with this car than I've had in any other car I've owned (27 cars in the past 25 years, some even German). I've met many other Tesla owners with good experiences, but I just haven't had good luck.

I've had 10 service visits since January 2021. I just recently got the car back from the shop after a month and a half to fix my trunk that has been broken since last July. My 11th service, because my passenger headlight is out, is in two weeks. The post above about the creaky doors, which I also have, reminds me I should ask about that too.

My favorite stupid problem is that they didn't mark the car as sold, so the dash cam and some other things just wouldn't work. They replaced so many parts before they figured that one out.

I think Tesla has the best EV powertrain around, and I don't want to buy another gas car for my main vehicle. If it wasn't for that, and the supercharger network, I'd really be looking for something else right now.