Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Model 3 accessories do you guys recommend?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure I follow... I was trying to say that if Tesla ever offers CarPlay, you will need the cable to display CarPlay on the Tesla screen.

You won't if they support it wirelessly.

Which given the car has built in wifi, but does NOT appear to speak "data" over the wired phone connection, would be the most logical thing they'd do.

Not sure I follow... I was trying to say that if Tesla ever offers CarPlay, you will need the cable to display CarPlay on the Tesla screen.
All the cars I have ever used Android Auto on works wirelessly and I can't imagine if Tesla ever incorporated it, that they wouldn't make it work wirelessly.

I'm not sure avoiding wireless charging capabilities for something that may or may not work in the future is something I would do.

All the cars I have ever used Android Auto on works wirelessly and I can't imagine if Tesla ever incorporated it, that they wouldn't make it work wirelessly.

I'm not sure avoiding wireless charging capabilities for something that may or may not work in the future is something I would do.

To each there own, I understand. I've only ever used Carplay and all cars I used that in required the cable connection.

The wireless charger I recommended has a built in USB C cable. So you can use it wirelessly or wired.

That would only be relevant to their concern if the charger also passes data through itself to the car, rather than just power. (which seems unlikely but I suppose might be possible- could check by attacking a USB key via C/A adapter and seeing if the car will play music from it)

Thanks everyone I got a lot to think about :). Ill post my thoughts on whatever I get.
Certainly the #1 and the most important is to get a real dashcam.

The TeslaCam is not yet a product. In particular the video image definition is very low so it is difficult to get a license plate number.

Also, there is no rearview recording, which is as important as front recording because you might be rear ended
or it would help to understand the behaviour the person who may have been at the origin of an accident.

You should review the following thread: Just bought a new Model 3. These AP/Sentry Mode videos were a major selling point

I would recommend the BlackVue DR900S-2CH Dual Lens 4K GPS WiFi Cloud-Capable Dashcam For Front And Rear

It costs about 1% of the price of the car and pays back if you get involved in any accident, in particular in the case of an Hit and Run.

It is very easy to install and stays on when Sentry is activated. But do some researches on Youtube for finding the model you might like.

Center Console Wrap. Plenty aftermarket site have them *RPM*ABSTRACT*EVANNEX*AMAZON
3D Maxpider floor is the best so far, they cover up really well.
I also bought Tesla sunroof glass shade, i nap in my car so those are helpful.
Noise Reduction kit.

Last edited:
Hi

You can try our new all weather floor mats for Model 3. They have been very well received by the market and everyone who has bought them loves them for the quality and value. Most importantly, you are getting the right amount of protection for what is expected from a set of all weather mats.

Now they are on special for $79.99 on amazon. You can check out the forum responses.

Vendor - Road Comforts All Weather Custom Fit Mats - $79.99 for Model 3

link to Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MGXB2G4

Thanks!

Bought this trunk mat from eBay- $65 including shipping from China (OEM from Tesla costs $130). Arrived to Southern CA within 8 days of ordering. Pretty good quality and the fitment is a 9/10 (even has an indentation to access the strap to pull up the trunk floor!). Time will eventually flatten out the creases caused by shipping. No crazy plastic or chemical smell, either.

Attachments

• 7B605011-17B9-4EF7-A176-43933A9A85C0.jpeg
    7B605011-17B9-4EF7-A176-43933A9A85C0.jpeg
    401.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 82318692-9AC1-421A-84F0-C26B9307940C.jpeg
    82318692-9AC1-421A-84F0-C26B9307940C.jpeg
    481.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 733F6442-300C-4E1F-8DBF-D29AE96DCF95.jpeg
    733F6442-300C-4E1F-8DBF-D29AE96DCF95.jpeg
    463.8 KB · Views: 63
  • A9E65884-F22A-4B7F-AF36-6F4BA6D4DA76.jpeg
    A9E65884-F22A-4B7F-AF36-6F4BA6D4DA76.jpeg
    554 KB · Views: 61
  • 7BCF608D-173E-43E0-81BF-796BF2125B91.jpeg
    7BCF608D-173E-43E0-81BF-796BF2125B91.jpeg
    411.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Love
Reactions: Wennfred
Omg! I should of wrote everything down, let’s see

Road Comfort floor mats, I like these..
Door Switch Opener labels
Bandit License plate holder
Frontend, rocker panel Wrap Xpel (must have)
Console Wrap matted black
Top windshield noise reduction kit
Small air compressor
Porsche 911 scissor jack
Jack Pads
Flat tire plug kit
Bloc Wheel spacers 15mm & 20mm
Testap wireless phone charger
Console cup mats
Tray organizers for center console
XM Radio
Two USB Y splitters
TeslaCam & Music Memory card
CHAdeMO Adaptor
Wheel Caps w/ Tesla center cap
Auto Frunk mod
Auto Trunk mod
Aluminum brake & gas peddles
3 socket Cigarette 12v line & USB
Ohmus 12 volt battery
Frunk Mat

You can ask me on any one of these things for more details.
I’m sure there are a few more things, just can’t think right now.

Last edited:
Unless/until Tesla offers Android Auto or Apple Carplay, then you will need (or likely need) to use a cable. For this reason, I "passed" on the charging pad and went with the $14 cable set offered by Tesla...
I don’t know anyone using the USB cables to plug the phone in, I pulled mine out, also if you have a thick phone case like Rokform, it won’t fit the connector anyways. Bluetooth works fine on the Taptes wireless charger.

Below the phone there is the black matted console wrap, that glossy look leaves lots of finger prints and scratches easily.

Fred

52468512-84D0-40EE-8525-A80FC1869CC7.jpeg

Last edited: