Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Sadist Picked Out The Interior Lighting? Fixes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The '23 MRLR interior lighting is terrible. I might get more light from burned out matches than I do the rear hatch.

Present day lighting is tiny round inserts. Anybody have any upgrade solutions?

Thanks!

-d
I put this one in. It’s freakin’ awesome.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
This looks to be the exact same thing for 5x the price.

i replaced the rear hatch light with this one. so much better

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804798514962.html?
Thank you! What model and year do you have? I believe Tesla went to 16V lithium in late '21, certainly all '22 and newer seem to require 16V lights and maybe even a different connector. Or at least many tesla speciality vendors offer different versions based on year/battery.

Thanks!

Thanks! A few reports on that suggest it gets crazy hot. Burning things sort of temps. What has your experience been?

Thanks! A few reports on that suggest it gets crazy hot. Burning things sort of temps. What has your experience been?
I have no idea what exvvviii put in, perhaps he will elaborate. I can tell you the current product he linked to is not the same. The linked unit is a 48LED unit , while the other is an 8 LED.
Here's a close-up picture what mine looks like. It is the one I referenced in my post above. I left it on for about 10 minutes. It gets hot, but not nearly hot enough to melt anything.
Trunk Light Close-up.jpg

I have no idea what exvvviii put in, perhaps he will elaborate. I can tell you the current product he linked to is not the same. The linked unit is a 48LED unit , while the other is an 8 LED.
Here's a close-up picture what mine looks like. It is the one I referenced in my post above. I left it on for about 10 minutes. It gets hot, but not nearly hot enough to melt anything.
View attachment 917100

Trunk Light Close-up.jpg

Reactions: dafish
I had thought about replacing the hatch light, but I would prefer to get a round one that fits/looks like the OE one.

That said, I use the hatch all the time for my deliveries and it’s more than iseful enough. Haven’t had any issues seeing any (fine tip sharpie) writing on the plastic bags.