Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What size battery do I have?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it’s a Panasonic 82kWh. 2021 model three long range all-wheel-drive. The Maroni sticker says 134 MPGE, 353 mile range. Car was built at Fremont in December 2020. Any way to tell from the serial number? current range at a full charge shows 319 miles with 33,000 miles on the odometer.
Thanx in advance!

I think it’s a Panasonic 82kWh. 2021 model three long range all-wheel-drive. The Maroni sticker says 134 MPGE, 353 mile range. Car was built at Fremont in December 2020. Any way to tell from the serial number? current range at a full charge shows 319 miles with 33,000 miles on the odometer.
Thanx in advance!
I'm fairly certain that it's the 82kwh Panasonic pack.

This is a 77.8kWh battery.

353 miles for 77.8kWh, 358 miles for 79kWh degradation threshold.

319 miles is 70.3kWh in any case.

That would be slightly poor for a 82kWh pack but fairly normal for 77.8kWh from 2020.

Regarding how to check you might be able to look at the label and figure it out. There are threads about it.

Probably not worth it though. This timeframe was only Performance with 82.1kWh AFAIK. Maybe April-ish 2021 they started putting 82.1kWh everywhere.

You could also hook up SMT.

But in the end you have about 70kWh which is what matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: AAKEE and DuncanM
The reason I ask is that Stats always reports between 72-75 capacity depending on how the car has recently been driven and charged. Those numbers seem like they could be either/or?
No idea how Stats comes up with its info.

You can use the energy screen method to figure out your energy, not Stats.

Anyway it is extremely likely that you have a 77.8kWh pack.

Here’s the energy screen method.

Would be interesting to see that and Stats output.

There is a chance of course you have the 2170L since it did exist at that time. Just extremely unlikely.

Here is label location.

In that thread there is some info about what each label meant. Here is from @eivissa site, the table of what is what; he has done an enormous amount of study and surveys on Model 3 packs:

IMG_1198.jpeg

Last edited:
My sticker shows 1104422 00-W. I assume that's a 82.1 kWh 3L? Doesn't match the part numbers above. It's a US 21LR and was advertised as 353 miles EPA.
Yeah seems like it is 82.1kWh. I would just search for that part number using the search function here.

22 means US part. That part list above is 23 for European parts it seems (there is a decoder at the site linked above). Anyway the rest is the same so this sounds like it is an 82.1kWh pack based on the thread linked here?

No guarantee from me - do your own search and the info should be there.
MASTER THREAD: 2021 Model 3 - Charge data, battery discussion etc

When did you buy the car? If in April 2021 or so or later, I think it is almost certainly a 82.1kWh. That information is available by searching here too. (Also there is a chart at @eivissa website above, of course, which covers USA.)