Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to do with Sudden Influx of Cash?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you PM me the details as well?
Getting even 25% YoY over a 10 year time horizon is very aggressive, and could easily put you in a position where you're underwater for a decade. That's the type of behavior that got people to use extreme leverage in the housing market in 07. Even Tesla could experience a reckoning if central banks decide to ease just a little bit or if/when some unforseen consequence of global monetary policy leads to a black swan event.

And at that point you're going to wish your investments were in more certain areas. IMO, Tesla is one of the best upside opportunities with clear 10 year horizon certainty given its engineering/manufacturing advantages that Wall Street clearly does not understand.

Just be careful about timing. That's what burned you when originally selling your Tesla shares. Time in the market beats timing the market. I don't know when the next big crash is, or what Tesla's stock price will be in 5 years, but I do have strong confidence about the long-term future Tesla is building. And I know that this near-certain future, when it happens, will result in Tesla having a meaningfully higher share price than today. Now whether that represents 15% CAGR or 35% CAGR who knows. But that certainty is what enables me to not care about the SP post-battery day.

With that said, a group of Tesla investors recently clued me in on a 100x potential investment in the battery recycling industry. Check your PM.

please PM me the details as well - thanks!

LOL, what direction has this thread taken?

I'm still doing DD on this company and haven't made a significant investment yet (have a 5 hour group financial modeling session today with other investors to discuss risk mitigation scenarios).

What I can say is that it's a battery recycling startup led by a bunch of ex-Tesla employees which has, from my research, a technically superior process than even Redwood Materials. They're pretty secretive about their process, so it's hard for the general public to do DD. I think next month I should be able to gather everything together and share more details.

LOL, what direction has this thread taken?

I'm still doing DD on this company and haven't made a significant investment yet (have a 5 hour group financial modeling session today with other investors to discuss risk mitigation scenarios).

What I can say is that it's a battery recycling startup led by a bunch of ex-Tesla employees which has, from my research, a technically superior process than even Redwood Materials. They're pretty secretive about their process, so it's hard for the general public to do DD. I think next month I should be able to gather everything together and share more details.

Look forward to hearing more. Thanks

Just a cautionary statement to those who yet don't know that online forum advise based investments are not always as successful as TSLA - please read about GTAT fiasco and one particular online forum role in it

Reactions: Johan
ARKK is an ETF that has similar values to most Tesla investors. You should look into them, great research reports and presentations on Youtube.

It's good to diversify 5-10% into crypto, which has the most asymmetric upside/risk profile of any asset (including Tesla).

If you have enough to be accredited there's some great private deals out there. Depends how active you want to be, your time horizon, etc. Anything from real estate/franchise opportunities to SpaceX (which I invested into).

I'm also huge into Square and would love to chat with that offline just PM me. There's a growing Square investor community.

And of course, Tesla is the "safe" allocation in my portfolio because I'm so 100% certain of its 2030 outlook.
@Xepa777 would love to know more about Square investor community!

Reactions: Tes La Ferrari