Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What would you pay for a SR Y right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did not say an SR was bad, my point is an SR is a bad deal at LR prices.

You basically repeated my point though. Ridiculous for someone to pay the LR premium for an SR car. That’s like paying Pro Max price for a regular iPhone 12.
I think when people say the SR MY is a unicorn, I think it is more or less on the price point than the car itself. As, I’ve mentioned, the SR MY was at 39,990 and that’s the price of a SR+ right now.

With all these price hikes, we can see why Tesla pulled the plug on it. I don’t think we will see that price again.

This is what Vroom offered for my SR MY. This is a base, white, black with 19s, no FSD.
05BC92E4-C899-4B2A-BA88-5476000D88FA.jpeg

It is crazy but when you factor in total out of pocket, $48k nets you $3k? 40k + 3k tax + 1.2k destination + license and reg is about $5k total extra from sticker. Crazy that you can recoup all that so soon but you’d still be $8k shy of getting a LR out the door. @Leelee was still probably shy $5k+ on that LR.

It is crazy but when you factor in total out of pocket, $48k nets you $3k? 40k + 3k tax + 1.2k destination + license and reg is about $5k total extra from sticker. Crazy that you can recoup all that so soon but you’d still be $8k shy of getting a LR out the door. @Leelee was still probably shy $5k+ on that LR.
I agree, if I wanted a LR with a different configuration(For example, Black, white with 20s), I would be still have pay the 12k difference.

My 2¢ worth...

Tesla should do a MR RWD version of the Y and, for the moment, forget about either a SR or LR RWD version.

The SR really has too little range, and the LR would be too close in price to the AWD version. An MR seems the sweet spot.
MR would be too close to LR AWD in price and range. Outside of performance models, Tesla likes $10k increments and 60 miles or more between variants. They ditched both MR and LR RWD M3. They would also need to manufacture a ~65kwh battery pack. Simplicity is the key.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Your math is pretty close to my situation. I ended up paying around $4k extra.
I bought my SR at 39,990- if you consider tax- I’m paying around shy of 45k after taxes +incentives vs 55K(tax and incentives) considered) if I were to purchase the LR outright.

Your math is pretty close to my situation. I ended up paying around $4k extra.
I bought my SR at 39,990- if you consider tax- I’m paying around shy of 45k after taxes +incentives vs 55K(tax and incentives) considered) if I were to purchase the LR outright.

I meant to say that after all things considered- I only paid shy of $45,000(tax+incentives considered) for the 21 LR Y black with free 19inch wheels vs 55,000.

I can probably use this for a couple years and sell back for 45k. 😂.