Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What you need to know about your EDD and why it gets pushed out.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These suggestions have come up so many times here that I thought I would link CF Tesla's YouTube on it. He has great information and I agree with everything he has said, accept when it comes from moving from a LR to P. He indicated you go to the back of the line after changing, but as we have seen here, if an older order changes from a LR to a P, they are getting their VINs in sometimes, days or weeks. With newer orders, it may be out to June-July, but, as an example, if you have an October order and change to a P, you seem to get it almost right away, so it seems that you keep your place in line.

Biggest take away, which I have posted about many times here, is that if you have Trade in set or Finance option set and either one expires, your EDD gets pushed out until it is corrected. And then may not update to where it was. This is why I still suggest you set Trade in to No and Finance to Cash, until such time as you get your VIN. Then you can have your SA or Tesla chat reset these so you can submit them.

These suggestions have come up so many times here that I thought I would link CF Tesla's YouTube on it. He has great information and I agree with everything he has said, accept when it comes from moving from a LR to P. He indicated you go to the back of the line after changing, but as we have seen here, if an older order changes from a LR to a P, they are getting their VINs in sometimes, days or weeks. With newer orders, it may be out to June-July, but, as an example, if you have an October order and change to a P, you seem to get it almost right away, so it seems that you keep your place in line.

Biggest take away, which I have posted about many times here, is that if you have Trade in set or Finance option set and either one expires, your EDD gets pushed out until it is corrected. And then may not update to where it was. This is why I still suggest you set Trade in to No and Finance to Cash, until such time as you get your VIN. Then you can have your SA or Tesla chat reset these so you can submit them.

Very helpful. Just changed to a cash purchase and will post in a few days if that brings my delivery back to reality.

Reactions: BGOwner