Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When Do You Arrange Financing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m trying to figure out when is the ideal time to start arranging financing. I’ve seen on this forum where members approval got expired as many if not most are only valid for 30 days. When are you starting the financing arrangement?

I placed my order on 1/30/23 and currently have EDD of 4/15-5/27 which is way out there if those dates are realty. I’m thinking when I receive the message that my VIN will be assigned in the next two weeks to start the process. I would like to hear your thoughts.

Also, I’m not sure if I’ll be using Tesla financing for ease of process and then refinance later or go with third party.

Reactions: singletary
I’m also interested in knowing. The pre-delivery tasks make you think you should be getting financing ASAP but when you start the process it warns that it’ll only be valid for 60 days and you’ll need another hard pull on your credit if you don’t take delivery within those 60 days.

I imagined that I would just apply for financing once I get the VIN message, like you were thinking.