Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's a good way to convert people like this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Niniux

Jun 17, 2010
I just read an article ( http://www.canada.com/Electric+cars+save+Mother+Earth/3165530/story.html ) and it's the exact type of attitude that I see from a lot of people on electric cars. The range anxiety thing comes up a lot, running out of juice and getting stranded. As far as I understand it, the exact same thing can happen to a gasoline powered car, but my car with an ICE doesn't refill when I'm at work or looking in Chapters for a gift.

This person even seems to think that hydrogen powered vehicles are a better solution. Honestly, how is it so hard to understand that when you convert energy into something, there is going to be a net loss on the potential, and you're getting less, and paying more, for the same amount of resources?

Is there a good link to send these people to that goes over why electric vehicles make more sense than they are given credit for? I mean, I understand people who need to be driving 8-16 hours a day may not find EVs to be a solution for them in the near future, but I think the average driver will.