Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's it like to drive a Tesla...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why are so many converting?
Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Lexus, Ford, GM, Chrysler, and more.

What’s it like to Drive a Tesla?

It’s something you will simply never fully understand until you sit behind the steering wheel and put your own foot down on the accelerator.

It starts with the seemingly magical, beautifully silent, motion as you pull away in Drive. It’s response provides instantaneous, incomparable, relentless acceleration, on hand at any moment — with 100% torque available — even if standing still. A modern rocket. Its quickly mastered, one-pedal driving, with regenerative braking, provides an intuitive and connected drive dynamic that just flows with your every whim (where the brake pedal is rarely needed). It makes all other cars feel sloppy and disconnected. For this... this *is* the (new) “ultimate driving machine.”

Summed up, its silky smooth and effortless acceleration, is an immediately addicting experience that invokes a (Tesla) smile every time you put your foot down. It is nothing short of pure joy. It’s only after driving this way for a while (a day, a week, or a month) that you begin to wake up. This is simply a smarter way to drive. Everything else seems noisy, dirty, antiquated.

Tesla — the future — only it’s been here all along.

Drive one.
Then you will know.

Yours truly,
Greg

Attachments

• Whats it like to drive a Tesla.pdf
    105.3 KB · Views: 68
To me it's the complete lack of disturbance on our surroundings, and ourselves.

It's Effortless
It's Quiet

With an ICE car you're imposing your will on others. The person behind you gets to breathe in your tailpipe. Every press on the throttle lets everyone around you know exactly what you're doing. Every precious ounce of the lifeblood they rely on needs to be pumped, refined, and shipped.

That isn't to say ICE cars don't have their place. It's a tactile, deliberate experience that is unparalleled. The shifting of the gears while on a nice mountain rode. The experience of the prrrr of the engine behind you because everyone knows that's where it belongs.

But, the realities of our world ruined ICE cars.

The purity and brilliance of ICE cars was dead long before viable EV's like the Tesla came along. The need for so much technology like Adaptive Cruise control. Things that you can't do with a manual transmission on an ICE car.

An EV is who were are now

Impatient
Lazy
Cyborgs

There are no ICE cars in Wall-E world.

Reactions: SCW-Greg
To me it's the complete lack of disturbance on our surroundings, and ourselves.

as long as the disturbance is moved elsewhere, right?
as long as it isn't your kids mining cobalt for your car battery, right?
electricity is only as clean as the methods taken to generate it.

I believe that EV will replace ICE for the most part, but don't be ignorant that EV cars don't disturb surroundings(the environment) because building cars is a very dirty business.

/snark

I think the experience of driving a Tesla is best understood by describing what it feels like to drive an ICE car after you've been driving a Tesla for a week:

An old bucket of bolts.

I know of no other car that can make a new BMW, Volvo or Audi feel like a bucket of bolts.

Reactions: SCW-Greg
I think the experience of driving a Tesla is best understood by describing what it feels like to drive an ICE car after you've been driving a Tesla for a week:

An old bucket of bolts.

I know of no other car that can make a new BMW, Volvo or Audi feel like a bucket of bolts.

Exactly! And I've often comment that my Cadillac drives (and sounds) like a tractor when compared to a Tesla.

And So I've updated the 11x17 poster to handle that point... and smoothed out a few other grammar issues. More polished now...
Whats it like to drive a Tesla-01.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: StealthP3D
as long as the disturbance is moved elsewhere, right?
as long as it isn't your kids mining cobalt for your car battery, right?
electricity is only as clean as the methods taken to generate it.

I believe that EV will replace ICE for the most part, but don't be ignorant that EV cars don't disturb surroundings(the environment) because building cars is a very dirty business.

/snark

Umm, you did realize what the theme of thread was right? Or did you somehow miss the advertisement like theme of the first post.

That maybe, just maybe things were going to be written with the flair of an advertisement.

I said that line mostly in reference to the lack direct disturbances on the road. The lack of sound, the lack of exhaust emissions, and the lack of oil leaks (although most of those are older cars that aren't well maintained).

As to moving the disturbances. Wouldn't you say it's far better to deal with that at the source (production) than consumption?

The battery technology can be improved over time. We've only just started making EV's in any real volume.
The energy generation can be made cleaner.

Last edited:

Meanwhile, nearly all other battery manufacturers have cobalt content north of 10%, with no active (public) game plan to reduce it. Just left up to the 3rd party manf.

Now back to our regular programming (topic)...