Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's my 2016 Model X with AP2 hardware worth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've taken delivery of my 2016 Tesla Model X in December 2016. Currently, has 5400 miles on it.

Unfortunately, I have to part with the car of my dreams. Some urgent family matters have come to light and I'm looking to downsize.

What do you guys think this car is worth? What is an appropriate listing price?

Specs:
  • Solid Black Exterior
  • 20" Silver Wheels
  • Dark Ash Wood Decor
  • 5 seat configuration: Black Multipattern Seats
  • 75 kWh battery
  • Smart Air Suspension
  • Auto Pilot 2 Hardware equipped (However, Enhanced AP and Full self-driving are not included in this package.)

Assuming in great shape it's worth the $82,500 (what a base car like that is to order new) minus the $7,500 tax credit minus $5,400 at $1 per mile driven minus the $8-$9000 (including the $1000 referral) Tesla will discount an inventory car leaving a total of $60,600- $61,600. The real kicker is a used car isn't eligible for the section 179 tax deduction, but to a private buyer it wouldn't matter. You can ask any price but that's real world numbers and you could only get more if someone doesn't factor in all the deducts available on new cars because it's not hard to buy new ones direct at a discount

I think this is an interesting question. To me, the Unlimited Supercharging would be a big plus. The AP2 would be desirable. The idea that you can just buy an inventory car like it is incorrect -- you won't get the Supercharging.

I also wouldn't be too concerned about the 5-seat being undesirable -- I personally had an X reservation until I decided they were not ever coming out with the 5-seat, which was a REQUIREMENT for me. There are lots of people who felt the same way.

The idea that you can just buy an inventory car like it is incorrect -- you won't get the Supercharging.

You can buy inventory cars in Canada with free supercharging:

Buy a new Tesla today | Tesla Canada

The ones with free supercharging state that right at the top of the listing. It must be the same for the US but I keep getting redirected to the Canadian site when I try to see the American one.

You can buy inventory cars in Canada with free supercharging:

Buy a new Tesla today | Tesla Canada

The ones with free supercharging state that right at the top of the listing. It must be the same for the US but I keep getting redirected to the Canadian site when I try to see the American one.
Yes, occasionally there still is one. Right now, there is a P90D in Florida. I stand corrected.

Most people forget about state credits. In CA all Teslas are like $11k off of msrp. New cars are also 1.4% APR. Its hard to buy an used Tesla unless someone really wants free Supercharging.

Just build your car and minus $11k and $5k for miles. That's what I think its worth. You can add $1k or $2 for Supercharging.

I think this is an interesting question. To me, the Unlimited Supercharging would be a big plus. The AP2 would be desirable. The idea that you can just buy an inventory car like it is incorrect -- you won't get the Supercharging.

I also wouldn't be too concerned about the 5-seat being undesirable -- I personally had an X reservation until I decided they were not ever coming out with the 5-seat, which was a REQUIREMENT for me. There are lots of people who felt the same way.
I just searched and saw 62 inventory cars with Free Supercharging although most of those were Model S cars but there are still lots of inventory cars that are not listed for sale as many are held for loaners and demos. As they are allocated new cars those inventory cars hit he market. Realistically you will never spend that much money on supercharging even when paying for it but it does feel nice not paying even if it's only $10-$20 bucks.