Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's New- New Threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

byeLT4

Feb 16, 2017
Texas
I know the forum has been through a few upgrades/changes but I was wondering if there was a way to bring back the 'New threads' search function? It was under the 'What's new' tab a few versions ago but has disappeared. Currently clicking 'What's new' or 'New posts' brings up new posts which can pull up threads that are years old. I used the 'New thread' search to try and find the latest info on relatively current events, which, after even a few hours can get buried in the 'New posts' search. Thanks in advance!

Please see the "Feeds" section of our Website Tutorial: TMC Website Tutorial

So firstly, to be clear I believe that the specific tool you are talking was lost in a major update that we did in April of last year, so this is not related to the more recent changes that we made, which were largely about restoring any functionality that we had previously lost.

Since our most recent updates a couple months ago, we now already have the ability to generate a feed of new threads. To do this:
  1. Go to the "New" feed here: New
  2. Then change the "Order by:" option to "Creation date"
By doing this, you get a list of the latest threads by date of creation. You can then drill-down further by filtering by "In forums", "Watched forums", and other options.

This is a more powerful tool than what we had prior to April of last year.