Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's special with Tesla? (compared with the others)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good things:
  1. Purely electric. Others take gas car frames and add an electric power train. One distinctive way you can tell is the hood height. Cars designed to be pure electric have a lower hood to start with since they don't need to worry about fitting an engine.
  2. Selling a dream. Elon and Tesla sell a dream of constantly improving cars after they have been sold. Tesla has a history of doing this.
  3. Innovation. Elon and Tesla relentlessly pursue innovation all around the car. Surprise updates happen.
  4. Team spirit. Elon and Tesla want to make the world better. Other car manufactures sometimes are more competitive and think about how they can take a bigger piece of the electric car market, rather than a mentality of increasing the size of the electric car market.
  5. Electric cars are very good for urban environments were polution is a signifcant issue. A smile, a sense of joy and glee comes to me at every Tesla I see.
  6. Tesla's have instant torque and fun acceleration.
Not so good things:
  1. Elon's dates are always late.
  2. FSD is unrealistic which he has sold to consumers. He admitted this himself by saying an A.I. breakthrough is needed.
  3. Quality can be poor.
  4. Tesla fan fevor can drown out signifcant issues. Model 3 has a sport tuned suspension and maybe a surprise to those that want a comfy plush ride. There are those that swear that the minimalist interior is better for everyone. I prefer at least a small center mounted display. Service centers have been overloaded with a month delay before getting an appointment.
  5. When there is an accident, there have been many reports of having to wait many weeks for parts. Haven't seen any reports of quick supply of parts.
  6. Expensive compared to cheap gas cars.
  7. Long trips take longer because of time needed to charge electric, although this is becoming less of an issue with improvements.

Last edited:
"When there is an accident, there have been many reports of having to wait many weeks for parts. Haven't seen any reports of quick supply of parts."
That may be because when parts are supplied quickly no one complains. For the record, my past Model S had a meeting with a pickup which ripped the nose off my car, which was parked at the time. The local repair shop was loading my car onto a flatbed as I came out of the restaurant. The parts came in that week and my car was returned.

So, now you've seen a report of a quick supply of parts.