Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whats The Fastest Documented Model 3 Awd Non P 1/4 Drag Time So Far?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never said it wasn’t real, only stated we would have to have identical conditions to be accurate

No, you wouldn't.

If that were so then nobodys time slip counts against yours unless they raced at the exact same track on the exact same day and under the exact same conditions

and all the comparison tests you mentioned, did they test all under the same conditions or run same car once at track and other time on the street with a .15% decline then state they are within a tenth of a second of each, so accurate ?.

Thanks for asking basic questions clearly already answered in the links I provided- confirming my prediction you would not bother to read any of the sources provided to you :)

Done with this, not posting in this thread until I see a time slip beating mine

You already have. You just refuse to accept it.

and this is in no way a knock at magnusmako, I am sure his car and his driving skill is every bit of me and he would give me a run if not beat me on the track and did put up proof to back up his statement, I just question the decline part as it does in even a small way impact your times and most tracks tested have a slight incline for accuracy not decline.

Can you show us the survey data where you personally measured the exact elevation change at the track you ran your time on the day you ran it so we can confirm your time isn't the result of an even greater downhill?

Your answer will only be accepted if printed on a timeslip BTW.

I mean how else can we be SURE?

Here you go buds. Drag strip official time slip. 85% SoC. 12.37 at 113.92 mph.

IMG_20190628_235353_2.jpg

Very nice time, congrats. Did you run the dragy at the same time?. Curious to see two times in comparison.

Thanks!

Phone was super low battery and I forgot my charger so didn't want to run it down. But the times were practically identical to my best Dragy run. 12.37s for both, 113.92 trap versus 114.19 dragy, 8.1s 1/8th vs 8.08 in the dragy, 2.08s 60' vs 2.1s 60' in the dragy, 5.39s 330 ft for both. I'll be out there another day and run it simultaneously.

AWD-quarter-post5%.png

Thanks!

Phone was super low battery and I forgot my charger so didn't want to run it down. But the times were practically identical to my best Dragy run. 12.37s for both, 113.92 trap versus 114.19 dragy, 8.1s 1/8th vs 8.08 in the dragy, 2.08s 60' vs 2.1s 60' in the dragy, 5.39s 330 ft for both. I'll be out there another day and run it simultaneously.

View attachment 424884
Dragys from what I’ve seen from comparison threads and videos are within a few hundredths of a second from track times , a vbox comparison video I saw recently was consistently off by 8 hundredths of a second, would be interested to see what you get and also to see if the track has any slope in either direction but congrats, I knew I would see a slip running faster than me lol, now I have a time to aim for , think I am going to head back to the track next Sunday and see if I can try and run a little quicker.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
Got a very slight improvement in my best time, (12.420 1/4 @ 115.34MPH) still not the fastest lol but I also ran first three runs with aero caps on and then removed and ran three more time and I can say at least based on my vehicle that aero covers removed runs quicker times. Going to try a trip again in a few weeks to see if I can drop it down a little more.

Attachments

• Timeslip.jpeg
    Timeslip.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Track.jpeg
    Track.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 65
These times are great, the clear handicap of these cars is the 60ft time. 2.0-2.1 60ft is terrible for a powerful AWD vehicle. This is where Tesla separates the AWD from the P

Can you elaborate on how it's bad given the hp/torque and weight of the car? I'm not really knowledgeable on this aspect. Though low end power is certainly much stronger in the P, I think that is pretty well established in the 0-60 figures.

comparable vehicles like the Audi S3 are running 1.8 second 60ft times to get mid 12 second quarter mile times. Above a 2.0 second mark it is typically mid 13 second 1/4mile cars.

the M3P is only running 1.8 second 60ft times, so it comes off of the line comparatively slow for an 11 second car as well.

Is this the current non P record? If no, what is? I need to know what I'm aiming to beat. :) Did you have the aero covers on or off? I'm putting the 18s back on tonight for Cecil County on Friday. :)

Best,
Gene

Supposedly there was another guys wife in another thread who I think claimed to have ran a 12.30 altitude up in Colorado. Unfortunately they weren't able to provide the time slip (she forgot to get it or something due to being new to drag racing). There is another guy in the Dragy (Sibanac) who shows he ran a 12.31. If you're in the Dragy app, go to the leaderboards -> Tesla -> 1/4 mile -> History and you'll see the all time listings. bluescooter also ran a 12.39 in his on there. Currently I have the lowest time on Dragtimes.com with an actual time slip, though I'm sure there may be some out there in the wild who've ran less. But I'd be surprised as well if someone can break into the 12.2's without mods. I'm actually getting lighter forged wheels and lighter rotors soon so perhaps I'll be able to make that happen. :)

Reactions: Phlier