Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whats The Fastest Documented Model 3 Awd Non P 1/4 Drag Time So Far?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welp, I’m going with I got the P3+ record till someone tells me otherwise. lol

81E542B8-175D-416E-B39B-B66F9C26396E.jpeg

Well, looks like a "Marie-France" recently made it into the 12.2's with 12.254 in the 1/4 mile at 112.29 mph.

2019 Tesla Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor 1/4 Mile Drag Racing

Notice the drivers weight of 105 pounds. :D

I'll be seeing what I can run here soon with the planned weight reductions other than my 175 pounds but that's probably going to be hard to beat.

Nice! My sister weighs about 95 pounds. Once I get my 18's on I'll have her take the car out. lol

p.s. I took down a new M5 from a stop to about 70 last week. We were playing around and we both launched at the green. 2.8 to sixty my ass.

what i find interesting is that the only two "Stock" 11.4 second runs are both at Cecil County dragway.
Knowing Cecil County, I'm not sure we should be. ;)

Um...let's just say the Dragy didn't verify the run.
Still, do you think the track is .3 off? What have you done to the car?
My best was 11.73 100% stock with 92% SOC.

AWD non-P 12.6 sec at 112 mph:

Think my heavy 255/35R20 tires slow me down a bit. But they drive nice.
That's still really fast.

Car is bone stock. It was a Tesla press car. All I’m saying with Cecil is that it’s slightly downhill. Never the less it’s an official track so it counts. BUT it does explain all the records that happen there. Obviously the old good DA argument is bull.

If the M5 didn’t engage launch control and you kept it below 80 mph, sounds about right.

Car and Driver got 3.7 seconds 5-60 mph for both cars.

Just for clarification I was no longer in the press car but was in my AWD. :)

My old Z06 was rated 0-60 in 2.95, and I never ever hit that figure. With my Model 3 AWD I never went as slowly as the rated 0-60 says I should. lol

So I know these aren't official drag strip times, though I plan to hit the strip hopefully sometime in the next month or so so I can get some slips to show, but I figured this was the best place to post these Dragy 1/4 mile runs after the 2019.36.x update with the 5% power boost in any case.

Myself and another LR AWD 3 owner who goes by "Mmeyers300" both trapped 116 mph. He also did a video which includes this run, along with 1/4 mile performance at varying level's of SoC all the way down to 20% and plots the data afterwards with some thoughts.

He ran a [email protected] and I ran a [email protected]. I will mention that literally 2 minutes before my run, it started raining lightly so perhaps it'll do slightly better another day. Either way these are great times and our cars are pretty consistent with each other, including in the 1/8th mile time. I think we could be seeing possibly be seeing 12.1's with optimal conditions at a track. Quite a long ways this car has come from back when we were running in the mid-high 12's.

1225.png

1220.png

Mark Myers 1/4 mile runs with SoC comparisons (LR AWD Non-Performance):

Last edited: