Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the smallest Faraday key fob protecting pouch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ooooooooohhhhh, MST, now I see what you are talking about. Thanks. I guess the note 8 has both NFC and MST. Somehow I was imagining you saying you run your phone through s strip reader :D No, I haven't had anything alcoholic today. Must be a senior moment. Yes, since it is basically a magnetic pulse technology, I don't doubt it might demagnetize strip cards or even credit cards. I think that technology (Samsung Pay) is proprietary to Samsung if I remember correctly.... not sure about that.

Always thought you had an X from your name! :D
Lol. Long story short, I was waiting for a X, so using whitex on Tesla.com forum, and then TMC. MX was released on Elon time so I got bored and test drove a Model S, then bought it the same day. When X came out, I test drove it and realized I didn't like it as much as the MS (mostly there was no flat folding seats back then, plus the falcon doors were very slow and unreliable making them impractical for rainy weather with kids), so bought another MS instead. Wanted to evaluate MX in March 2018 when needed to replace my wife's totaled MS, but Tesla had a huge inventory shortage and could not provide a 24hr test drive to see if we like the newest one, so just ordered another MS.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
This is the one I have been using. It's nice for when I'm in a room right next to the car. So far I've seen no wear, but I only use it a couple of times a year.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MS8VT8Y/
So I got a question about that. I'm thinking that when I go on long trips, I want to take BOTH of my fobs and have one of them to be basically invisible (signal wise) from the car while I am driving. Yes, there is a reason to want to take both fobs. One is a backup for a couple reasons. Would it be correct to assume that this bag is good enough to block the signal to the car even if I am in the car with it? Have you tried that?

Lol. Long story short, I was waiting for a X, so using whitex on Tesla.com forum, and then TMC. MX was released on Elon time so I got bored and test drove a Model S, then bought it the same day. When X came out, I test drove it and realized I didn't like it as much as the MS (mostly there was no flat folding seats back then, plus the falcon doors were very slow and unreliable making them impractical for rainy weather with kids), so bought another MS instead. :)
Now I have to erase the picture of your White X in my mind, lol. Can we at least assume the S is *white*?!

As for the on topic question above, that’s why I’m getting new ones, as when too close to the car, the fobs are sometimes ‘visible’ in the current bag.

And I use them this way also, when taking them both to the Service Center, etc.

So I got a question about that. I'm thinking that when I go on long trips, I want to take BOTH of my fobs and have one of them to be basically invisible (signal wise) from the car while I am driving. Yes, there is a reason to want to take both fobs. One is a backup for a couple reasons. Would it be correct to assume that this bag is good enough to block the signal to the car even if I am in the car with it? Have you tried that?

If it doesn't do this, something is wrong with the pouch...

I tried a couple of pouch's and they seemed to work when 6-10 feet away. None of the pouch's worked when standing right next to the car; which is what I wanted. I searched for aluminum box's, but they were expensive as well as none seemed large enough for the Model X Fob with the silicon case.

I finally decided to try an aluminum salt shaker (amazon.com/gp/product/B0037XIUCW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). It blocks the signal even when right next to the car. I didn't even have to plug the holes. Not bad for $7.07! My office desk is right above car's garage space, so this is a good solution for me! I purchased an extra for the spare Fob in the safe.

Found an option for an Altoid box. Snug fit so no rattling. It even has a seal although i don’t think it would be waterproof, but resistant at least.

Attachments

• 7CB923BA-47CF-4EFD-A42A-A544352EB5D9.jpeg
    7CB923BA-47CF-4EFD-A42A-A544352EB5D9.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 129