Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's with the Ohmmu 12V battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be SO easy to just add a setting "I have a 13.2v Lithium Battery". Stop them from trying LeadAcid tricks on a BMS protected batt. Would be nice if they also had a "I have a 14.8v Li-Ion Battery" setting so you could use an actual Tesla battery.
The actual Tesla battery doesn't have standard connections anymore. It's a proprietary connector. Small at that. Aftermarket batteries will start increasing. Diehard has an AGM battery designed for EV's and sized that same as the AtlasBX (which is slightly different than a 51R). A 51R fits but is about 1/8" shorter in height. Bringing the top claim all the way down to hold in place. I have found putting a battery reader on both the Atlas and AGM batteries that the AGM is more stable in resting and charging profiles. Doesn't mean anything just an observation. BTW the DiehardEV battery is supposed to last 30% longer than conventional AGM's.

Yeah, an EV battery doesn't require the big cranking amps so they would last longer with the different mechanical layout

The Tesla battery should be retrofittable, just cut off the rings and splice on the connector. Something Tesla shops should offer, but first that selector setting I mentioned would need to be implemented, like they have for wheels and paint.