Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your P85 Range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013 P85 with about 45.5K miles. I get 233 miles at 89% charge and 262, 263 miles at 100% charge. Note that I've only done 100% charges only when taking a long range trip and I then time the charge to complete within 1/2 hour of driving, so that the car does not sit with a full charge for a long period of time.

2013 P85 with about 45.5K miles. I get 233 miles at 89% charge and 262, 263 miles at 100% charge. Note that I've only done 100% charges only when taking a long range trip and I then time the charge to complete within 1/2 hour of driving, so that the car does not sit with a full charge for a long period of time.

So after 45.5k you haven't lost any range? I find that one hard to believe....

So after 45.5k you haven't lost any range? I find that one hard to believe....

I never said I haven't lost any range. When I took delivery of the car in 2013 a 100% charge gave a range of 268-270 miles, so I have lost some range over the years.

I'm fairly gentle on the battery. After my initial "fun" with rapid accelerations, I generally no longer find the need to floor the accelerator to pass most other cars. I believe rapid discharging of the battery may effect the performance (maximum charge range) of the battery.