Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel offset

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

With so many options on the market for wheels, what is the best/easiest way to determine how much offset you need for, in this case a MYP to match factory setup? I'm a total newbie in terms of upgrading wheels+tires so need to be educated. Thanks!

Lots of stuff on this thread...Most prefer to slightly push the wheels farther out. Start with what wheels you want first...and if you are keeping the same rim width. Keeping the same width make the offset calc easy but you will find some wheel manufactures may have preset offsets...or you can pick wheels that customize the offset when you order. Some of wheel sellers like T Sportline - Tesla Model S, 3, X & Y Aftermarket Upgrade Accessories have it all prefigured out with the wheels they sell so they make it easy but you are not limited to only those choices...just takes a little bit more figuring out via multiple offset/fitment online calculators. If you are uneasy about that, go to the local wheel shop that has a good rep and carries the wheels you are interested in.

Reactions: chump408 and PeteOC
Found some info to share:

95506D89-B8C1-4FA2-83C7-9309475F9391.jpeg
009A53B0-0941-4629-94FA-E82664C8EF2B.jpeg

Reactions: chump408
So, can I jump in with stupid questions?

So does a MYLR have 4 of the same size tires and rims on it? And the MYP has different front and back tires and rims?

Can you just swap out the MYP different sizes for 4 of the same? Like if I wanted a better snow tire, could I have a set of 4 matching tires on a second set of rims?

Can they be 19 or 20s?

I have nothing else to do but think about these things until the MYP shows up....😅

So, can I jump in with stupid questions?

So does a MYLR have 4 of the same size tires and rims on it? And the MYP has different front and back tires and rims?

Can you just swap out the MYP different sizes for 4 of the same? Like if I wanted a better snow tire, could I have a set of 4 matching tires on a second set of rims?

Can they be 19 or 20s?

I have nothing else to do but think about these things until the MYP shows up....😅
The answers to all your questions is yes. There is a screen where you can set what wheels are on the car. The MYP comes with 9.5 wheel front with 255/35 and 10.5 rear 275/35.

• Helpful
Reactions: CVChief