Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheels upgrade bump me to new pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NikkoPh

MYLR | White | Black | 20s | 5seat | OD 6/8/21
Jun 19, 2021
SoCal
Ordered my white MYLR 6/8 with Gemini Wheels for 51,990. This morning i asked my Tesla advisor to switch the wheels to 20” induction, he agreed to send a case and change my wheels configuration.

Few hours later, i received a new agreement stating that the base price of the MYLR is now 52,490 plus 2000 for the Induction wheels. I certainly did not expect that they are bumping me to the current price as i am only asking to change my wheels. Tesla advisor said there is no way to revert back to the old pricebook.

Any thoughts on this?
Thank you!

Ordered my white MYLR 6/8 with Gemini Wheels for 51,990. This morning i asked my Tesla advisor to switch the wheels to 20” induction, he agreed to send a case and change my wheels configuration.

Few hours later, i received a new agreement stating that the base price of the MYLR is now 52,490 plus 2000 for the Induction wheels. I certainly did not expect that they are bumping me to the current price as i am only asking to change my wheels. Tesla advisor said there is no way to revert back to the old pricebook.

Any thoughts on this?
Thank you!
The induction wheels are a 2k upgrade. I'm curious what your configuration is? MYLR white/black interior induction wheels 54,800 and I ordered on May 5th 2021. I'll take the 52k.

The induction wheels are a 2k upgrade. I'm curious what your configuration is? MYLR white/black interior induction wheels 54,800 and I ordered on May 5th 2021. I'll take the 52k.
I apologize for the confusion. 51,990 with 19s gemini wheels when i initially placed an order. Now its 52,490 + 2000 for 20s induction, so total of 54,490 before t&f.

That is the way it works. Any change to your order causes it to be re-priced with the current prices. (You are essentially canceling and re-ordering, other than I think you keep your place in line.)
Ok, its just a bummer that i was just upgrading the wheels and got hit by the new price. I would completely understand if i was upgrading from MYLR to a performance.

Ok, its just a bummer that i was just upgrading the wheels and got hit by the new price. I would completely understand if i was upgrading from MYLR to a performance.
A while back, there was a post where someone changed their mind on a tow hitch... So he had the SA remove the tow-hitch, without realizing it would bump up his price to current pricing... So when it was all said and done, his Y ended up being significantly more expensive without the tow hitch, then if he had just kept the tow hitch.... ie, it would've been cheaper to just keep the tow hitch and not ever use it.