Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a demo MYP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys wanted to know from those on the forum that have bought a demo car, what your experience has been. Has the car come perfectly clean? Any downsides? Concerns etc.

I prefer the MYLR in white/white but none in my area have a price adjustment

I came across a new MYP demo white/white with <100 miles, and a $5400 price adjustment.

My main concern on the MYP is the headache of the 21” wheels + pothole combination.

Please let me know your thoughts!

You can easily sell the 21" wheel and get wheels providing better mileage and confort.

I think that getting the Track Mode, is something that would make me choising the Performance over the Long Range.

That’s a good point and was thinking that as well.

My bigger concern was the condition. The car as they have a whole bunch of things noted as what typically would be acceptable condition for a demo aka small dings, scratches, curb rash etc.

That said the car only was 90 miles on it, so you have to hope it shouldn’t have any of those issues

Typically they’ll replace major offending panels. The discount usually makes up for someone else doing the first scratches. Go into it with appropriate expectations and you won’t be disappointed.

It’s discounted for the reasons they’ve given you. Grab a set of Gemini takeoffs or get a set of aftermarket wheels and top rated tires, you’ll enjoy it while still having money for tint or insurance.

Hey guys wanted to know from those on the forum that have bought a demo car, what your experience has been. Has the car come perfectly clean? Any downsides? Concerns etc.

I prefer the MYLR in white/white but none in my area have a price adjustment

I came across a new MYP demo white/white with <100 miles, and a $5400 price adjustment.

My main concern on the MYP is the headache of the 21” wheels + pothole combination.

Please let me know your thoughts!
Is it really a $5,400 discount? Most of the inventory Model Y’s in my area have about the same discount for new models.

I’m in Southern Cal. They just dropped the price of a base model LR AWD (Silver/black) to $44K.
Both silver exterior and black interior are “free” colors. So, tack on about $2k more for white/white. But taking a look at inventory shows it’s even more @ $49k.

The only question is, what was the price OP was seeing? Sure they gave a discount amount, but what was the initial/final price?

Both silver exterior and black interior are “free” colors. So, tack on about $2k more for white/white. But taking a look at inventory shows it’s even more @ $49k.

The only question is, what was the price OP was seeing? Sure they gave a discount amount, but what was the initial/final price?
In So Cal I can buy silver/black for $44,060, red/black for $44,360, silver/white for $44,980, or blue/white for $45,890. All available for immediate delivery.

I’m in Southern Cal. They just dropped the price of a base model LR AWD (Silver/black) to $44K.
Wow.

price with the $5k adjustment was $49k. Car got scooped up real quick, so ended up finding another deal for 10% off + CT on a new MYLR today…and am able to get POS! Woo