Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When and how to get the $5000 refund?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder what their reasoning is for this? If they have no problem charging tax when you pay for EAP after taking the car home, how can they not refund the tax paid on the $5k of goods?

EXACTLY!

the FSD was dubbed refund & sales tax was refunded!
CEO here said “refund” meaning pricing change,
early buyers overpaid, hence wording of refund?

I wonder what the state would say to merchant
issuing a refund but withholding the sales tax?

Because it is different. For FSD the person was overcharged, so they paid too much for both FSD and in tax. In this case they paid exactly correctly and now Elon is gifting them a $5k rebate.

CEO said “We will just offer those who ordered bought 3P either $5k back or free lifetime Supercharging.”
seems to me exactly the same, giving $5k back, later he rephrased to say refund?

I received my check today. I only requested it officially on 12/6 and they told me it would take 8 weeks. I have no idea if they ever turned off my unlimited supercharging because it actually never showed that I had unlimited supercharging in the first place. But I never got charged for any of my visits and they had told me I had it.

Reactions: Sg911
I received my check today. I only requested it officially on 12/6 and they told me it would take 8 weeks. I have no idea if they ever turned off my unlimited supercharging because it actually never showed that I had unlimited supercharging in the first place. But I never got charged for any of my visits and they had told me I had it.
Awesome! I am down in Charlotte . Did it come from California?

For those that "previously qualified" (i.e. pre-tweet) for 6 months or a year of supercharging and have gotten the $5k check... Does your account now say "Pay Per Use" (like the website used to say for everybody regardless of actual status) or does it say 6 months, a year, etc. free?