Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When do I get my car reg?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm picking up my M3P+ on Thursday (hopefully - Tesla issued the invoice to the wrong company, so the finance company are calling and emailing them to sort it out) and don't have any details of a registration plate yet.

New M3 owners, when did you get your reg and how was it communicated to you?

Cheers peeps.

Someone from Tesla called me with a mobile number(07) the day before the delivery date, to confirm i can attend the delivery appointment. You can ask the Reg number on that call. But it's available prior to that, just need to call Tesla on 01628450606. You will be on the line around one hour though. Good luck and congratulations!

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
I'm picking up my M3P+ on Thursday (hopefully - Tesla issued the invoice to the wrong company, so the finance company are calling and emailing them to sort it out) and don't have any details of a registration plate yet.

Cheers peeps.
Same here (Birmingham)

Did you get an email from Tesla yesterday about your pickup? (The secret one :p)

Its states that reg's will be sent out 24hr before your pickup time.

Copied from email:

Registration

Your registration will be allocated shortly. We do not offer drive away insurance therefore, it is important this is arranged ahead of the day.

Please note your new Tesla will be registered 24 hours prior to your scheduled delivery. As such, will not appear in databases. We recommend calling up your preferred insurer, as opposed to getting online quotes, insurance companies are aware of this process for brand-new vehicles.

In preparation for your collection, please visit our Tesla Support page to find ownership resources and watch helpful walkthrough’s. We highly recommend watching these short videos before your handover as on the day we spend 15 minutes solely focusing on making sure you are comfortable before you drive away and start enjoying your new car!

Cheers peeps.

Same as you. Picking up on Thursday - I spoke my local branch to confirm that I should make payment. They said they would hurry the Reg Team up... will be interesting to know when we hear.

Did you get an email from Tesla yesterday about your pickup? (The secret one :p)

Nope, didn't get that one.

I actually got through to the sales line at the SC in around 30 seconds just now (and nearly fainted) about the above invoice issues and completely forgot to ask on the reg plate. What a fool I am!!

LV have already stated that I'm ok to call on the day with the reg plate - I just like to be prepared!

Thanks for the information, folks.

Reactions: davidmc
Congrats on getting a date. As per the pickup email and other comments here, I got an email with the registration about 24 hours before, and finalised insurance then, after having secured quotes earlier. I also found my number changed on collection, so had to phone insurance and get a new cert before I could complete collection, but since I got there around 30 mins early I was able to do that within the handover window.

I just got a call today 20th saying car was at SC ready for pickup, apparently arrived this afternoon, yesterday they had no idea where the car was !!! no email or text prior to Tesla calling me, said I’ll collect tomorrow, gave me reg over the phone and email followed 5 mins later confirming reg, web page then got updated with collection details

Reactions: davidmc