Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Filing Formal Complaint: 057 Technology Battery Plans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Crutonius I had assumed a lot of subscribers came from TMC, where his reputation would've certainly helped sell plans. However, he's stated that TMC was only accountable for a relatively small number. He didn't specify numbers or where the remainder originated.

According to @willy_d 's poll, 16 TMC members bought into the plan. However, it doesn't differentiate between expired/active plans and it doesn't account for the more-casual TMC members that might not be savvy to the situation. Heck, I found out about it on FB in January and had been blissfully cruising around for maybe 4mos without coverage ... continuing to tell my friends, who's warranties were looming, about this smart dude and his wonderful service plan. Fortunately for my conscience, not one of their warranties expired in that time!

As most of us now know, despite what Jason has said (he's even mentioned server and DM issues!), there are people here that were in need of service (or at least BMD diagnostics) that could not get a reply heading into Q4 2023.

What was I supposed to do wait until I have a battery problem in August 2025, find out 057 doesn't exist and the service plan I paid for is worthless, so here's a 2 month partial refund (24 months would be until October 2025)? Unacceptable.
Or more likely I'd just get nothing and then the apologists come out and call me entitled because "You got 22 months out of 24 of coverage" (until I had a problem) "quit being entitled!"