Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When is a refreshed model Y or X releasing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why are you worried about the 2022 model? 2023 is when the cool stuff comes out.
Will there be a new refresh of Model Y or X?

Model X only had an interior refresh, but not an exterior refresh.

I could really use the extra space. I now need to carry my Jetson compact E bike to save money on parking. Like stadiums, expo, Disneyland, theme parks. I will park somewhere legal that's still close to the venue, but away from the traffic, then use my Jetson Ebike to ride over and lock it at a bike rack. And most these places have bike racks. It can fit in my Model 3, but it would be much easier if there was a hatchback / wagon Model 3. But Model Y is probably the closest thing.

Will there be a new refresh of Model Y or X?

Model X only had an interior refresh, but not an exterior refresh.

I could really use the extra space. I now need to carry my Jetson compact E bike to save money on parking. Like stadiums, expo, Disneyland, theme parks. I will park somewhere legal that's still close to the venue, but away from the traffic, then use my Jetson Ebike to ride over and lock it at a bike rack. And most these places have bike racks. It can fit in my Model 3, but it would be much easier if there was a hatchback / wagon Model 3. But Model Y is probably the closest thing.

The Y *is* a hatchback Model 3, basically.

The refreshed X hasn’t even started shipping yet, and you want another?

And as for parking …. I’d love to see you park your Tesla on Jerome Ave and tell someone you were biking to Yankee Stadium to save the parking fee. Let us know how that turns out.

The Y *is* a hatchback Model 3, basically.

The refreshed X hasn’t even started shipping yet, and you want another?

And as for parking …. I’d love to see you park your Tesla on Jerome Ave and tell someone you were biking to Yankee Stadium to save the parking fee. Let us know how that turns out.

I have no idea how commuting works to Yankee stadium, I assume you could just use the NYC subway instead? I don't get it, are you making a joke that Jerome Ave is so ghetto that you'll be robbed just to park for free?

But I live in So Cal, there is no public transportation or very limited. But I'm using for Disneyland right now and its perfect. Saving money is a huge plus, but now I don't in huge lines at security checkpoints at the parking structure so it saves tons of time too. And no need to walk forever around a huge parking structure or lot.

And I plan to use it for stadium events such as the new Sofi stadium where they charge $80-100 for NFL game parking. And the traffic jams to park at the Sofi parking lot is really bad. Even if you're someone that doesn't care to pay $80-100 for parking, you will end up paying with your time waiting 1-2 hours to get in and out of the stadium parking. Most the time I will usually use ride share scooters if they are available when going to big events with bad traffic and park far.

I wish people would boycott the parking so they may lower the price, but at the same time maybe Sofi stadium is trying to encourage people to find alternate transportation with high prices.

I have no idea how commuting works to Yankee stadium, I assume you could just use the NYC subway instead? I don't get it, are you making a joke that Jerome Ave is so ghetto that you'll be robbed just to park for free?
Heh. The upside of parking on Jerome Ave is that there's plenty of hubcap and repair shops that can ... source... whatever parts you need. If it's not in stock, give them 20 minutes.

I exaggerate -- the Bronx is fine. Key is to fit in. Parking a shiny pimped out Tesla (or whatever your parents are driving these days) isn't exactly fitting in. You're better off in a protected garage. I prefer to park, actually, in the garage adjacent to the Stadium -- that's where the players park. Nothing ever happens in there.... ever.

But I live in So Cal, there is no public transportation or very limited. But I'm using for Disneyland right now and its perfect. Saving money is a huge plus, but now I don't in huge lines at security checkpoints at the parking structure so it saves tons of time too. And no need to walk forever around a huge parking structure or lot.
The security lines are a good point. I stayed at Grand Californian 2 weeks ago and was very glad for their "separate" security entrance into both downtown and C.A.... makes a big difference. Still don't want to park in the middle of Anaheim, however.

And I plan to use it for stadium events such as the new Sofi stadium where they charge $80-100 for NFL game parking. And the traffic jams to park at the Sofi parking lot is really bad. Even if you're someone that doesn't care to pay $80-100 for parking, you will end up paying with your time waiting 1-2 hours to get in and out of the stadium parking. Most the time I will usually use ride share scooters if they are available when going to big events with bad traffic and park far.

I wish people would boycott the parking so they may lower the price, but at the same time maybe Sofi stadium is trying to encourage people to find alternate transportation with high prices.
This is why tailgating is so much fun. Get there early, party, watch the game, come out, party some more, wait for the lot to empty and THEN go home ... at least you feel like you got your money's worth for the partying part.

Here, for a Giants or Jets game, parking must be prepaid, runs about $40 and cannot be paid for at the gate. It's a mess. Thankfully we now have an NJ Transit train directly to the stadium. That helps a ton.