Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When Should I Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Long time lurker and finally in a position to pull the trigger on a MY, but have a, what I’m hoping is common, situation. I’m currently leasing a car that ends this December. I’m set on a MY, but obviously need delivery to at least be in the December window. The site says if I order now it would be delivered in December, but the timelines I’m seeing on here are much quicker than that.

Does anyone have any experience with this scenario and mind giving me some advice on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance!

It is going to be almost impossible for you to time delivery of a tesla with your ending lease. You will not be able to get that kind of certainty with your order.

Your best bet with this would be to order one with 19inch wheels at the end of September, figuring that you would likely get delivered sometime around the end of the year or beginning of january. You will need to be prepared to either go without a car if that happens, or take it slightly early if it comes in a bit early.