Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When squeezing, shaking, and shoving the wheel doesn't register...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I didnt explain myself well. What I was saying that from within autopilot, I can move the car slightly but still not enough to disengage AP. I can just move the car slowly within the lane about 6-12" using a couple mm of wheel movement with force on the order of magitude of an AP nag.

And that's not enough to register "your hand on the wheel"? If not...then you need a service call.

Maybe I didnt explain myself well. What I was saying that from within autopilot, I can move the car slightly but still not enough to disengage AP. I can just move the car slowly within the lane about 6-12" using a couple mm of wheel movement with force on the order of magitude of an AP nag.
Interesting. I used to be able to do that, and it was really nice to be able to nudge it over when passing a truck or just help it center on a curve. I thought it greatly improved AP overall. I lost that ability and I assumed a firmware update too it away. It was either that or something Tesla did when they rotated my tires. Now I'm thinking it's not the firmware (unless you haven't updated in a long time).

And that's not enough to register "your hand on the wheel"? If not...then you need a service call.

No, it registers my touch just fine, you may have me confused with another poster. I was mostly posting a potential future upgrade of AP moving the steering wheel gently while AP was engaged, to slightly shift within the lane without disconnecting AP.

One might use the steering wheel to manually push the car over for a motorcycle lane splitting, someone creeping over the line, or perhaps for other road obstructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.