Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will trial start rolling out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With a lot of the free trials ending I wonder what update Tesla will push onto us next. They bombarded the USS fleet with 2024.3.25 yesterday...maybe so they could have one day to try the Vision Park Assist before the trial ends??
Will they keep our trial cars on 3.X? That would make sense for the short term in case anyone really wants to buy/subscribe after the trial.
Will they start pushing 8.9 to us to get the few new features that 8.9 has over 3.X? That would put any new FSD buyers/subs back on V11.

I'd guess they will keep us on 3.X until 14.X is ready as I assume 14.X will have V12 FSD and will go out to all the 3.X and 8.X people. Hopefully giving the 8.X people there 30day trial at that point.
Even without FSD subscription active, the software still has FSD bundled within it so the car cannot “update” to a newer software version but with a lower FSD version. So it won’t go to 2024.8.x. It remains to be seen if 2024.14.x with the updated UI will include FSD v12 but it doesn’t seem like it so far. At least not this initial version that just started being pushed.

They probably strategically pushed 2024.3.25 with the new vision park assist/autopark features now that it’s near the end of most of the FSD trials to entice people to subscribe and try them out longer.

Even without FSD subscription active, the software still has FSD bundled within it so the car cannot “update” to a newer software version but with a lower FSD version. So it won’t go to 2024.8.x. It remains to be seen if 2024.14.x with the updated UI will include FSD v12 but it doesn’t seem like it so far. At least not this initial version that just started being pushed.

They probably strategically pushed 2024.3.25 with the new vision park assist/autopark features now that it’s near the end of most of the FSD trials to entice people to subscribe and try them out longer.
Yeah I guess that makes sense.
So far all the 14.3 have come from 8.9 on TeslaFi.
But, the odd thing I see in the TeslaFi data is that 4 cars went from 8.9 down to 3.15 or 3.20. Maybe the data is just messed up or maybe special cases?

TeslaFi isn't listing the FSD version on 14.3 yet but they usually take a few days (or more) to list FSD versions. Has anyone confirmed what FSD is on 14.3?

• Informative
Reactions: paulchou