Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is a good place to sell a used Model 3 Performance Edition?

matskam

Apr 18, 2021
Carlsbad, CA
Does this forum have a "for sale" marketplace? Back in the day I used to sell my cars on autotrader and cars.com but these days it seems like Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist are better options.

However, for a decently unique and pricey car like a Tesla, are forums like this the best bet?

Apologies in advance for the newb question.

Thanks!

Matt

Attachments

• Tesla_FrontLeft1.jpg
    Tesla_FrontLeft1.jpg
    547.5 KB · Views: 47

Perscitus

Jan 29, 2019
New York
How about cargurus? I guess all depends on the need: fast unload or highest price? Depending on where your priorities stand - trading in might work too.

charlieaf92

Nov 9, 2020
cincinnati
I was shopping for almost this exact car late last year. I looked everywhere (autotrader, cars.com, cargurus, facebook, craigslist). I'd definitely recommend Autotrader as I've had luck selling there in the past. Another site I frequented was Onlyusedteslas.com. It doesn't seem to get a lot of new inventory, but if you're a motivated buyer (like I was) it may be worth a shot.

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
Does this forum have a "for sale" marketplace? Back in the day I used to sell my cars on autotrader and cars.com but these days it seems like Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist are better options.

However, for a decently unique and pricey car like a Tesla, are forums like this the best bet?

Apologies in advance for the newb question.

Thanks!

Matt

(moderator note: The classified section on TMC is located where I moved your post to)

matskam

Apr 18, 2021
Carlsbad, CA
By the way, technically I am trying to sell my car, not buy a new one. I'm pretty sure it will go for somewhere in the high 40's (I originally paid $78k) since it's the Model 3 Performance Edition Long Range with 20" wheels and full enhanced autopilot and only 13k miles.

Pristine condition but I recently built a gym in my garage and moved the car outside. Now I clean it more than I drive it! Just not enough space to put it here in SoCal near the coast where square footage is at a premium.

Great reference above, "Onlyusedteslas.com," never heard about that until today.

Thanks everyone!

Matt

Attachments

• Tesla_Shadows4.jpg
    Tesla_Shadows4.jpg
    770.4 KB · Views: 42
  • TeslaMileage_18Apr2021.jpg
    TeslaMileage_18Apr2021.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 41

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC