Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is my Heated Steering function?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have an August 2021 Build M3 SR+, which has the newer style door panels, matrix lights, and rear heated seats. Still running 2023.2.12 if that matters, I haven't gotten an update in a while. I did purchase the car used, CPO from Tesla.

From what I have read, the later 2021 models came with the heated steering wheel, however, I have no option in the car in climate, or on my phone to turn it on. Since I have the rear heated seats, would I also not have the heated steering wheel enabled? (I believe most 2021's came with it installed, but disabled at first?)

Additionally, if I go to Tesla-info, my car and other VIN's around the same week have a heated steering wheel listed as included.

Should I open a service ticket on the app, or is it possible I get the feature on the next software update?

Message service and see if it can be activated. Some SR+ came with the heated wheel hardware but Tesla didn’t allow the unlock until end of 2021. Some people bought the rear seat heater activation before Tesla added the steering wheel heat activation together with it.

Message service and see if it can be activated. Some SR+ came with the heated wheel hardware but Tesla didn’t allow the unlock until end of 2021. Some people bought the rear seat heater activation before Tesla added the steering wheel heat activation together with it.
Yeah, I don't have anything listed in upgrades, so I'm wondering if that was purchased before the steering wheel activation happened like you said. I guess I'll message service. Funny enough I do have an open appointment for a new steering wheel too as my "leather" seems to be separating from the wheel.