Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is the fault: door lock sensor or window lock sensor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've looked at tons of posts. I never solved my problem.

Occasionally the problem starts when the passenger window cannot be closed completely. Then, after leaving the car, the ventilation, radio, lights and other still work.
It does not matter whether I enter or leave the car, the door position on the display is closed all the time.
The window is not completely closed, the position remains as with the door open.

This happened several times a year, once the problem is gone, everything is fine for a couple of weeks. And then it comes back again. I can't even repeat it, it's accidental. Usually there is a problem when it is a warm sunny day.

Where is the fault: door lock sensor or window lock sensor?

I will also say that I tried to reset the window positions, it never worked. I held the button for 5 or 15 seconds while the window was closed, open and then closed again.
Many times, different ways.
No results. No way.

I really hope someone knows where the bug is, how to remove it or even reset it.

From your description, it looks to me like you never fully recalibrate the window up and down limits. Set both the open and close limits during one process. Hold the window down until 5 to 10 seconds after the window goes down. Then hold the window up until the window closes and hold for 5 to 10 seconds. This will set the open and close travel limits. It sounds like you are only recalibrating the close limit, and that when it is already closed.

I tried as follows:
1. Holding button up more than 15 seconds after the window was fully up
2. Holding down more than 15 seconds after the window was down.
3. Again, holding up after window was fully up.
Some people say 5 second, others 15 seconds. Never found official recommendations. 🤷

Reactions: DerbyDave

Still nothing.
I was looking into the door. When reconnect window mechanism it worked only a few times. After one drive, I opened the door and window went down a little and stuck in the open position.

I will say that puddle light is on after door is open, probably door sensor is working correctly.

I cannot find a solution even though I am a mechanic.