Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to get power liftgate installed in SF Bay Area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Larry Lee has a link on the Hanshow website and installs lift gates for both S and 3. I had him do the frunk/trunk on my Model S and my wife's Model 3 recently. He does a good job and can do both the frunk and trunk or just the trunk and they work seamlessly with the app and the car's touch screen and foot operated trunk on the Model 3.

His phone number is 510-388-9001

I talked to a service tech who came out to lube my M3 trunk's trunk pistons. I brought this up, and he said that with these power lift gates, they have to splice into a cable that affects one of the rear cameras, or another computer module. Are they doing this with these lift gates? He said the computers in the car will go wonky with an install like this and definitely will void your warranty to anything on the driver side of the vehicle.

Reactions: xanatos
I talked to a service tech who came out to lube my M3 trunk's trunk pistons. I brought this up, and he said that with these power lift gates, they have to splice into a cable that affects one of the rear cameras, or another computer module. Are they doing this with these lift gates? He said the computers in the car will go wonky with an install like this and definitely will void your warranty to anything on the driver side of the vehicle.
Yikes, that would be bad!

Yikes, that would be bad!
Yea, there is a lot of splicing and dicing. I read an article that said the new M3's would have the powered trunk. Called Fremont Tesla and they said its a lie and the sites are just trying to generate traffic. He also told me to stay away from the powered lift gates. The trunk and trunk on this car are ridiculous. I close my trunk and about 25% of the time I get into the car and it says my trunk is still open...

• Funny
Reactions: xanatos