Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to get tires/wheels switched in the Schaumburg, IL area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried asking a bunch of places and they have no experience installing tires/wheels in a Tesla. Where can I go?

I was having mine done by Costco but some part of the tire/rim package needs to be from them.

My last 2 tire swaps were done by Just Tires in Skokie. Call the store you want to take them into, not all locations can do Tesla, just the ones with proper lifts.

I was having mine done by Costco but some part of the tire/rim package needs to be from them.

My last 2 tire swaps were done by Just Tires in Skokie. Call the store you want to take them into, not all locations can do Tesla, just the ones with proper lifts.
I called Discount Tire and they have a lot of experience with Teslas so I think I'm gonna go with them

Let us know how it goes. I took mine to the Schaumburg location to get a chunk or metal out of a tire (and to patch it), but they were able to remove it without any patching. I did ask if they had the jack pads for a Tesla, and the guy knew what I was talking about, so that's good.

Just spoke to Tesla who said they'd install the aftermarket wheels for $150. Discount tire is $120 so I'm just going to go with Tesla instead. They said they'd install everything on delivery day while I'm signing the papers to speed things up. Very pleased with them!