Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to sell used tires and wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mods, please move this thread if it’s not appropriate for this sub.

My wife has been reminding me about selling a set of 19” wheels with the original Michelin Pilots. I bought another set and put winter tires, but between Work from Home and improved All Seasons (Crossclimate 2), it’s just taking up extra space now.

where’s a good place to sell it? SW Portland metro.

Couldn't tell you a good place to sell, but I can tell you it's nice to have a spare. I recently just dented the inside of one of my Slipstream 19” wheels – barely, and no idea how – but enough that the tire could no longer maintain a seal to the wheel; and of course, being aluminum, they are completely irreparable… 😒 …so I had to hunt a replacement down, and found one (in Seattle, for $100 – worth the trip) on this forum – for what that's worth.

All this to say: might you be interested in sparing them out? ;)

Oh, and quick point of clarification: which 19" wheels do you have? Assuming they're for your "MS 85D HW1 Late 2015," that's likely the original 5-spoke design, but depending upon how late-2015, you could have Slipstreams – Tesla switched right around that time.

For reference…

Original 5-spoke:
1714850545792.png

Slipstream:
1714880820638.png

TIA.

If you’re new to the internet I can offer some suggestions. Craigslist, Offer Up, Facebook Marketplace, and yes, the forum here has a classified section.
I should have clarified my question, "which website is the easiest for selling a set of Tesla wheels?". Now that I had a chance to think about it, I'm probably going to have my wife sell it on Marketplace, since that's where the old people are. (I don't use FB)

Speaking of new to the internet, I think it's 40 years ago I logged on to the precursor of the (commercial) internet in college. I feel old : )

Couldn't tell you a good place to sell, but I can tell you it's nice to have a spare. I recently just dented the inside of one of my Slipstream 19” wheels – barely, and no idea how – but enough that the tire could no longer maintain a seal to the wheel; and of course, being aluminum, they are completely irreparable… 😒 …so I had to hunt a replacement down, and found one (in Seattle, for $100 – worth the trip) on this forum – for what that's worth.

All this to say: might you be interested in sparing them out? ;)

Oh, and quick point of clarification: which 19" wheels do you have? Assuming they're for your "MS 85D HW1 Late 2015," that's likely the original 5-spoke design, but depending upon how late-2015, you could have Slipstreams – Tesla switched right around that time.

For reference…

Original 5-spoke:
View attachment 1044360

Slipstream:
View attachment 1044475

TIA.

I need to clear out garage space so the whole set has to go, sorry. Unless there's a couple of other people out there looking for spares. It's the original 5 spoke, with curb rash on a couple of them.

And speaking of spares, I honestly don't remember the last time I had a flat tire. Now I've jinxed myself