Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need to replace my all season and snow tires , what are folks using in Canada?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't recommend any all-season tires as I'm still running the original tires that came with my 2020 M3LR (currently at 19660 kms). For my winter wheels, I went with the Nokian Hakkapelitta's from Kal Tire on the OEM rims. I've been very happy with them although I'm told they have a bit more road noise than some other brands of winter tires. SInce they're the only winters I've had on my Model 3, I can't compare them to other tires.

For the ones who got Nokians for winter: is it pretty easy to find them in the GTA? I’m more worried if I have a flat and one or more tires need to be replaced.
I get my Nokian Hakkas at Kal Tire. I got a flat driving over some metal in my driveway and they replaced it for free (I swapped it for an all season at home for the drive into their shop).

Reactions: Mercimek
I’m in Ottawa too. I’ve just finished the 4th winter on a set of 18” Conti Viking Contact 7s. I’ve been super happy with those, and I’ll probably buy another set this fall.
For the summer, I put a set of 19” Conti DWS06+, and those are great. They’re nice and quiet, and handle great.

interestingly, I notice a difference in acceleration with the 18s - they’re about 5lbs lighter per wheel, and it definitely faster. They just don’t look as cool tho.

Reactions: Biscuitman
I narrowed it down to Michelin Pilot Sport all season 4 and Conti DWS06+. Went with the Michelins 235/40 ZR 19 X Extra Load AA Traction A Temperature. Terrific tires. As well compared to the stock 2018 ContiSilents is the tires rim protector is actually outside the wheel face offering a bit more rim protection.
I got 67,000 km on the OEM tires and changed them at 3/10”. Could have run them a little longer but the flat tire made the decision for me.

IMG_9982.jpeg