Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which charges faster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
which charges faster a 75d model x or a model 3 and why?. The reason I ask is that I have a lot of model 3 owners tell me how fast they can charge even faster then me. Why is that?. Is yay because of new battery chemistry or something else. Can tesla change the charging parameters and charge faster then we dip now

It is not that their batteries charge much faster, but due to the fact that the smaller and lighter cars are more efficient.
The same amount of juice that gets your X 100 miles of range will get the Model 3 130 miles of range.

A full 75 KW Model 3 will get 310 miles of range, while the Model X will only get 225 miles with the same size battery.

Same with an ICE vehicle. Takes longer to gas fill 300 miles of range in a Grand Cherokee than for a Ford Festiva.

Reactions: P85_DA and Bogobec
which charges faster a 75d model x or a model 3 and why?. The reason I ask is that I have a lot of model 3 owners tell me how fast they can charge even faster then me. Why is that?. Is yay because of new battery chemistry or something else. Can tesla change the charging parameters and charge faster then we dip now

If talking about supercharging the charge taper on the 3 is better than X 75..battery design does play a role ..so yes from a SC standpoint it is true the 3 is better

ABRP Blog