Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which charging adaptors does Model 3 come with?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So in plain English this means that you can plug it into normal Level 2 EV chargers that you see in parking garages/hotels/etc, a 120V wall plug and a 240V wall plug. If you want to use Level 3 fast chargers, other than Tesla SCs, then you may need an adapter. So if you plan to drive to the Maritimes this summer then you may need an adapter - by next summer you should be ok. If you are just driving the Windsor - Quebec City corridor you should be ok, the same with driving from Toronto north to Sudbury.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
this is so helpful for us newbies, thanks.
Also, perhaps a dumb Q but I had an 'S' owner tell me that b/c i have a dryer in my cottage garage (and there's a 220v panel there) i could simply plug the car into the dryer plug ? Does this make sense?

this is so helpful for us newbies, thanks.
Also, perhaps a dumb Q but I had an 'S' owner tell me that b/c i have a dryer in my cottage garage (and there's a 220v panel there) i could simply plug the car into the dryer plug ? Does this make sense?
With the correct adapter, you should be able to plug into the dryer outlet. If you plan on using that outlet a lot, you might consider just getting a Dryer Buddy which allows you to use the one outlet for either the dryer or the car.

Ours works well. We use it on trips to Ottawa when visiting family. There is a plug in our barn. We only go once every 3 weeks but now it isn’t much worth it anymore with Casselman