Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which Interior is most efficient?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no actual data to back this up, but I wanted to throw out a few discussion points. The air conditioning is more efficient at removing heat than the heater is at making heat, heat pump versus resistive heat technology. You and I live in an area where heat is needed more months and to a greater degree than cooling.

Based on that, my opinion is that black would more efficient on a year round basis. Of course that might be different in a place like southern Arizona. You also have to consider how much you are in the car and at what times. I don't drive many hours in the late day, so with overheat protection off, there are very few hours I would spend at peak cooling times in the car. I'm much more likely to fire up the car, like this morning, when it 13F/-10C.

I ended up turning cabin overheat, sumon standby, and sentry mode all off. With these on, the car would us 4-5 kWh in a day, so living in one of the more expensive states for electricity, ...feel sorry for those in Alaska and Hawaii, it would cost me $30 a month just to have my car sitting. I would be much more concerned about which of these features I need to leave on, or being slightly less agressive on the accelerator, then the color of the interior.

That said, I have the white interior and and very happy with it.

Thanks @joelliot!

I have a SR+ w/ white on order, but just noticed a LR w/ black pop into inventory. I live in the mountains w/ a garage and car will keep my 09 Subaru for the big snow days. The M3 will get more use Spring to Fall and would often be parked outside (both in the Mnts and if I drive south).

Depends on if the windows are tinted and to what TLR percentage. FWIW I adore the white as it provides an extra bit of class to the interior plus breaks up the all black.
But who wants to break up the All Blacks?
NZ-P-52a.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: elf9