Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which Tesla can beat most sports cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my P3d- to the track last week. This track has a very short 300 ft drag race which is almost custom-built for Teslas. I won one bracket and lost another to a P100D who then went on to beat me in the finals. Some of the cars I raced were reported to have 1000hp with NOS, but the instant torque wins almost every time in a short drag :)

So the final was two Teslas? Ha!

So the final was two Teslas? Ha!

Yep- certainly the quietest finale in the track's history. Unfortunately I don't have any footage from the championship bracket, but there is one video of the Model S and me there- it's the final of the open class. His launch control didn't quite work that time which is why it was close. For the finale he was more than a full car length ahead of me.

Yep- certainly the quietest finale in the track's history. Unfortunately I don't have any footage from the championship bracket, but there is one video of the Model S and me there- it's the final of the open class. His launch control didn't quite work that time which is why it was close. For the finale he was more than a full car length ahead of me.

It's just funny that these guys spend all their time and money suping up their cars just for this purpose only to get smoked by a couple of unmodified EV sedans. :)

It's just funny that these guys spend all their time and money suping up their cars just for this purpose only to get smoked by a couple of unmodified EV sedans. :)

And also the more modified those gas sports cars are, they become more of a burden for normal commuting driving (like stop signs, parking garages, bumper 2 bumper traffic, etc).

I kind of glad I did not try sup up my BMW M3 I used to have, the Tesla Model 3 performs alot better. I don't know if its faster 0 to 60 as its dual motor, not performance, but I like the fact I don't have to shift gears, no lag when I floor it, easy to control, no headache from constant engine noise.

Yeah I get the BMW M3 may look more spectacular and its a car more for fanboys / race enthusiasts, maybe some people think the Model 3 is like a Toyota Prius or not a sports car at all. Even if it looks more on the normal looking side than an aggressive sports car, I feel the Model 3 performs better than most gas sports sedans.

I wish racing video games such as Forza Motorsports will consider featuring Teslas or EV race cars more prominently. At least I hope one day one major racing video game will consider putting the new Tesla Roadster on the cover, but I feel the general public who think they like cars only thing cars with big gas engines are race cars just because they can go "vroom vroom" while an EV goes "ZZZZZZ" .

P85_DA said:
For straight line S P100DL ;)

So obviously easy answer that should of ended the thread.

Wasn't going to be the X - too fat.

Wasn't going to be the 3 - can't have the plebeian car take S P100DL sales.

I did race a Model S P100D at a red light stop.

That thing was so fast, I was flooring it in the Model 3 dual motor and couldn't keep up. It almost looked like he had some kind of alien made car or something illegal. Seeing that car accelerate is insane, like it shouldn't be possible insane.

And most the time, I floor it and I will be past like every car waiting at the stop light.