Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White interior M3 - need help with choosing tint %

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have 3% on my side windows, 30% on my windshield; and 3% on my rear glass. Personally for me I have no issue seeing; however if you’re not used to driving with darker tint already I would not recommend it.

ok well now you are lying. with 3% tint you will not be able to see out at night. And more importantly noone can see inside, not even during daytime.

I do think the rear looks quite cool all black though.

ok well now you are lying. with 3% tint you will not be able to see out at night. And more importantly noone can see inside, not even during daytime.

It is no issue for me to see out of, though it is very very dark I can still see through it, but the point was so no one could see me! Worst case, roll down your windows haha

It is no issue for me to see out of, though it is very very dark I can still see through it, but the point was so no one could see me! Worst case, roll down your windows haha

If noone can see you then you are safety hazard on the road. I'm not here to split hairs over someone having a 30% tint vs 20% but there is a reason tinting the front windows is illegal in most of europe and only tolerated for historic reasons in Australia (for UV protection which required a dark tint in the past). It's just not safe.

I might add here that the darkest front tint in QLD is 35% and I find that even that does cause trouble at nighttime sometimes when I cycle and I cant be sure that someone has seen me. Front glass has to be untinted here but there are plenty of situations where you cant see into the windshield.

Reactions: southbay3
Just got 20% on my white on white M3...kind of regretting it it looks too dark so 1) you can hardly see the white seats from the outside which kind of defeats part of the purpose of getting white seats, 2) it steals the show from the black window trim and uberturbine black wheels which looked great and stood out more pre-tint, 3) i'm a bit afraid of getting pulled over now for something stupid...I should have gone 35%

So sounds like that for those of us with white interiors, 30-35% is optimal for the side windows that don't demand absolute privacy due to the glare issue at night? I want some privacy but I don't want any issues with driving at night. Thinking of going 35% all around and 70% on the front windshield.

So sounds like that for those of us with white interiors, 30-35% is optimal for the side windows that don't demand absolute privacy due to the glare issue at night? I want some privacy but I don't want any issues with driving at night. Thinking of going 35% all around and 70% on the front windshield.
I just dropped my car off for tint (and more) this morning. Decided to go with 45% for the side windows and 70% on the windshield. My interior is black, the shop rep said those with a white interior usually go darker than 45%.

30% sides, 20% rear window. Looks…fine
0A530957-7CE4-4E4B-B099-D849D4D6EAD3.jpeg

Attachments

• EC21C6AF-A63A-4DE5-9DBF-994D412036F0.jpeg
    EC21C6AF-A63A-4DE5-9DBF-994D412036F0.jpeg
    693.7 KB · Views: 347
Status
Not open for further replies.