Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White material forming on the windshield..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2020 Model 3 has recently formed white material on the windshield (see photo). I was able to kinda remove it using a razor blade on the windshield from the inside.

I keep my interior very clean, so I do not think this material was from an external source. Is it possible that it is coming from the windshield itself due to heat or manufacturing defect?

Has anyone seen something like this before?

IMG_4836.jpg

My 2020 Model 3 has recently formed white material on the windshield (see photo). I was able to kinda remove it using a razor blade on the windshield from the inside.

I keep my interior very clean, so I do not think this material was from an external source. Is it possible that it is coming from the windshield itself due to heat or manufacturing defect?

OMG 😲 , what ... what is that? From the pattern it looks like it was squirted on. Did any get on the steering wheel?

Last edited:

Looks like someone had a mouthful of milkshake when he/she heard a good joke on the radio...

Solution - wash the windshield.
Done. Easy. Over.

a

Looks like someone with a drink with a straw flung some of their drink across your windshield. It happens when you take a drink via the straw then flick the straw, it will fling whatever fluid is in the top part of the straw across your windshield.

Looks like someone had a mouthful of milkshake when he/she heard a good joke on the radio...

Solution - wash the windshield.
Done. Easy. Over.

a

It may look like that, but this white material is not stuck on the windshield on the outside. It is only removable using a razor blade carefully on the glass from the inside.

I have not found anything yet to rule out it being a windshield material.

I would see what disolves it. Water, soapy water, paint thinner, bleach?
Just take a little chip and do some old school stuff.
It is without a doubt its man made, defects dont drip.
Looks like paint,or mold, or milk, or bird droppings.
I would take it to a glass shop and let them have s shot at it.
They may laugh a bit or lick it but they have seen everything before.
Good luck.

Reactions: jjrandorin
It was no joke, glass guys know glass, simple.

Yeah, but they wont know what kind of bodily fluids the OP has sprayed on that glass!
Solution - DIY clean the sh*t!

It may look like that, but this white material is not stuck on the windshield on the outside. It is only removable using a razor blade carefully on the glass from the inside.

No kidding - people sneeze/snort/barf onto the glass from inside the car as well, you know?

I have not found anything yet to rule out it being a windshield material.

Sure, or the aliens!
Keep searching - the truth is out there...