Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White P3D - order progressing, vin soon!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lucky you, looks like blue is going to be the last color to get sent out lol

If the order tracker spreadsheet is roughly comparable to the larger population about 10% of the orders are AWD and less than 1% are P. Even if all of the reservation holders were North American (I think I heard that like half of then are but can't confirm) that still works out to 45000 AWD and < 4500 P's. Even if they aren't keeping up 5k a week that doesn't take long to work through the backlog and you'd think since they said P's were first priority they could knock them off pretty fast.

Of course there's lots of unknowns like if they are taking higher performing drive units for the P's does that mean they need to run a certain proportion of AWD manufacturing concurrently (like 80+% AWD + the rest P) or have they been saving the better ones from the RWD production. And then also the fact that it seems they are doing blocks of the same color at a time. I cannot imagine how complex it is to make cars!

I do have this suspicion that what's going to happen is we will still see this August-October estimate until the day I get a call or email that says "dude better get financing and other stuff sorted out in a week or so!" Which I can live with but it would be nice to know more about what was going on. Sigh. First world problems.

Reactions: webdbbt