Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has moved from the MY LR RWD to the LR AWD and kept their original FSD price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks - I wanted to give everyone my experience and exact instructions to make the change. Please checkout this post:

There was also a news story on Teslarati about my experience. Check it out!

Thank you for this.. as well everyone else who has to replied to this! Dealing with second vaccine and a fussy infant has been keeping me busy this week so needed something to distract me.
I called yesterday evening and spoke to someone (Jake I think). He was able to see my account and my car was pushed back until September, so I don't think any of the store sales rep did anything. The person on the phone was able to put in my request and much like blissdancer I should get a text/email in a few days with an update. I assume it'll be the end of the q rush(yay for QC issues!). Guess I'll bug someone else on the phone mid week if it hasn't been fixed. 😀

UPDATE;

Ok so my change fro RED to AWD when through and yep the Tesla SAs now know that to keep original FSD pricing one MUST take delivery of
MY by June 30 or the pricing will not be honored. But this could be extended. I was told that the ability to keep the old FSD pricing was ended Jan 2021 but then someone at Tesla realized that none of the RWD folks had been notified of this! Surprise Surprise. Do I let the guy who texted me about the need to take delivery in June that I am willing to take delivery on June 26th. No reply. I called the number suggested by TECHNOPREP and got the same women who was able to initiate this process for me. I asked if I could get a VIN 3-4 weeks before delivery and she said more likely 3-4 days. I was shocked, uum how do I get a lone and insurance that quickly? She is in Texas and said that is what she is told to say about California. She is arranging to have someone from SantaRow call me tomorrow. When I called around for insurance and loan quotes months ago no one could really give me quotes without a vin. I am totally confused by the process! Why does Tesla make by a car so difficult compared to other companies?

UPDATE;

Ok so my change fro RED to AWD when through and yep the Tesla SAs now know that to keep original FSD pricing one MUST take delivery of
MY by June 30 or the pricing will not be honored. But this could be extended. I was told that the ability to keep the old FSD pricing was ended Jan 2021 but then someone at Tesla realized that none of the RWD folks had been notified of this! Surprise Surprise. Do I let the guy who texted me about the need to take delivery in June that I am willing to take delivery on June 26th. No reply. I called the number suggested by TECHNOPREP and got the same women who was able to initiate this process for me. I asked if I could get a VIN 3-4 weeks before delivery and she said more likely 3-4 days. I was shocked, uum how do I get a lone and insurance that quickly? She is in Texas and said that is what she is told to say about California. She is arranging to have someone from SantaRow call me tomorrow. When I called around for insurance and loan quotes months ago no one could really give me quotes without a vin. I am totally confused by the process! Why does Tesla make by a car so difficult compared to other companies?
It should not take you more than 1 day to get a loan and insurance, even when you get a VIN, it may still take about a week before you get a car. They won't deliver your car until you can upload your insurance or finance information. So don't have to feel rush just because you got a VIN, I was able to tell them to change delivery date back by 2 days.

Reactions: blissdancer
I originally reserved a MY LR RWD on 4 Sep 19. Since then, I added FSD for $7K. After that, I have no way to make changes, just cancel. I finally got fed up waiting...even though the extra range would be a plus. I did a chat with Tesla regarding upgrading to AWD...they said I would have to speak to a SA and they would have one call me. Never happened. I called the number on the website and was transferred to my local SA. I explained I wanted to upgraded to AWD plus add tow and my referral code since those were not an option when I made the reservation. He told me to make the changed online--I can't to this and know better thanks to previous posts. He put in the change order, had the manager add the referral code, and told me to followup regarding the referral credit for the cheaper FSD. It's been a week and nothing yet. I did have to "activate" my order...the website said it was on hold to "click" when I'm ready. I also updated my trade, but that's still pending even though I got an e-mail saying it was done. I'll give it another week or two. Curious to know if my place in line will be based on my original reservation date or the date of my change????

I originally reserved a MY LR RWD on 4 Sep 19. Since then, I added FSD for $7K. After that, I have no way to make changes, just cancel. I finally got fed up waiting...even though the extra range would be a plus. I did a chat with Tesla regarding upgrading to AWD...they said I would have to speak to a SA and they would have one call me. Never happened. I called the number on the website and was transferred to my local SA. I explained I wanted to upgraded to AWD plus add tow and my referral code since those were not an option when I made the reservation. He told me to make the changed online--I can't to this and know better thanks to previous posts. He put in the change order, had the manager add the referral code, and told me to followup regarding the referral credit for the cheaper FSD. It's been a week and nothing yet. I did have to "activate" my order...the website said it was on hold to "click" when I'm ready. I also updated my trade, but that's still pending even though I got an e-mail saying it was done. I'll give it another week or two. Curious to know if my place in line will be based on my original reservation date or the date of my change????
Did you call this number for the RWN to AWD change ? 510 249 3100 ask for Hillary if you can, she has taken care of all issue for me.

Finally I was able to change my order to AWD with my old pricing :D Thanks everyone for the comments / suggestions..

Now the question.. when you guys saw the change on the Tesla portal, did it showed immediately and Estimated delivery date? In my case it just shows a ' - ', so I dont know if thats normal or if my order is still on a "locked" state because it was a LRRWD before (heard some cases that Tesla had to remove a flag from the account in order for the system to assign a VIN)

Reactions: seangoggin
Finally I was able to change my order to AWD with my old pricing :D Thanks everyone for the comments / suggestions..

Now the question.. when you guys saw the change on the Tesla portal, did it showed immediately and Estimated delivery date? In my case it just shows a ' - ', so I dont know if thats normal or if my order is still on a "locked" state because it was a LRRWD before (heard some cases that Tesla had to remove a flag from the account in order for the system to assign a VIN)
Congrats! I will try to talk to other SA soon since my current SA kept telling me that he would not be able to make the new order with my old price. I guess your AWD will be your new current price except FSD and other option?

Congrats! I will try to talk to other SA soon since my current SA kept telling me that he would not be able to make the new order with my old price. I guess your AWD will be your new current price except FSD and other option?
Only FSD price will math to your old pricing from my experience, all other price will be using the current price. I have to give up Black Paint, it was free when I order but not anymore.

I am very happy for you.

When I first got them to make the change the configuration details had a - symbol in for the fields that were no longer valid.
I left it a week and had to contact them again and they had to call to correct the configuration.
Make sure your configuration is correct, for example, that it is AWD and car option and details.

My SA said the configuration should be correct, but the pricing will be current prices and they will "fix" FSD 72 hours before delivery in the sales contract.

I do not have a delivery date. I had a VIN and delivery estimate, but the SA said they were having delays and I lost my VIN and estimate.
They do not have a specific delivery date now but expect to have a delivery date 5-10 days before delivery.

Good news everyone. After a few days of my account not updating. I spoke to an awesome lady that goes by the name Monique today from the central support number.
She saw my calls beginning from 04/03/21, trying to resolve this and after a few minutes on hold. She was able to get my order fixed finally. She stated again that the fsd price will be fixed a few days before delivery.

I received email already and online is updated as well. Before I wasn't able to see my mvpa and now I can. I can only assume something happened with my account and they reset it. It showed I was delaying delivery until September, and had to press a button to enable delivery. So now it's just waiting.

I am very happy for you.

When I first got them to make the change the configuration details had a - symbol in for the fields that were no longer valid.
I left it a week and had to contact them again and they had to call to correct the configuration.
Make sure your configuration is correct, for example, that it is AWD and car option and details.

My SA said the configuration should be correct, but the pricing will be current prices and they will "fix" FSD 72 hours before delivery in the sales contract.

I do not have a delivery date. I had a VIN and delivery estimate, but the SA said they were having delays and I lost my VIN and estimate.
They do not have a specific delivery date now but expect to have a delivery date 5-10 days before delivery.

The fun part in my case is that the pricing already shows correctly, and so an auto-email with the order agreement pdf with new pricing (in my case 91k pesos, which was the price difference between LRRWD and LRAWD at the time of ordering). I asked my SA regarding average wait time now, and according to him and he said I should expected delivery till august 😔

Hmm, just got the email about payment, but my page still shows the wrong price. I'll have to call t again tomorrow it seems. After the removal of radar I'm wondering if it was worth the wait or impatience to get it 🤣

I was told they would fix it in the purchase agreement 72h before delivery. You can give them a cashier's cheque (bank draft) in most places. I want to see the car before I give them money, there have been many last-minute delivery cancellations and changes.

I was told they would fix it in the purchase agreement 72h before delivery. You can give them a cashier's cheque (bank draft) in most places. I want to see the car before I give them money, there have been many last-minute delivery cancellations and changes.
Yeah, just got off the phone with Savannah manager. She said apparently it needs a delivery date scheduled before they will update and will call Tuesday if it hasn't been updated. Doesn't expect this so fast, throw in a holiday weekend all Tesla buyers going to be running to banks to transfer money/get checks lol.

My AWD delivery is Saturday and they did finally fix the value on the order keeping the FSD price as ordered on my Model Y LR RWD this afternoon (the PDF MPA is not yet updated). In the same process as with others, they added a referral credit to correct the amount. I had to get managers to help today because I think the contract department is backed up. It looks like the SA needs an exception or approval code on the order file explaining the reason for the referral credit.

And now, the rest of the story. I called my SA about the trade quote and he put in a request to fix it. Nothing changed. I woke up on Friday, May 28th, to an e-mail saying my AWD Y was here for delivery this weekend (memorial day weekend) and to pay the balance...trade was still not finished. I made several calls on Friday to my SA and my bank to get a same day loan. Got the loan taken care of...trade not so much. Saturday arrives and the delivery center calls to schedule a time...I told him I can't because Tesla won't give me a trade quote. We scheduled delivery for Saturday, Jun 4th, the last day he could hold it before I would be unmatched. I called and called my SA to no avail. In the meantime I got quotes from Carvana and CarMax as backups. Finally someone seemed to figure things out on Monday...apparently when the Y launched and everyone was told to prepare for delivery and they entered their info and trade (and I was given a quote of $34,100 for my M3 at that time), it somehow locked accounts and their is some kind of workaround the appraisers have to do. They finally figured it out and kept the same quote of $34,100...Carmax offered $38,000 and Carvana offered $38,751--Carvana was the winner. Even with the extra sales tax, I came out over $2,000 ahead. M3 went to Carvana yesterday and delivery will be tomorrow. Yesterday afternoon, Tesla finally fixed the FSD price...I was given a "referral credit" in the top section of the financials, which was cool since that part reduced the sales tax by $180 vs putting it on the bottom as a credit after tax.

Reactions: seangoggin