Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who put that *%^#^ Bike Pump there?! šŸ˜”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

easyev

Supporting Member
Jul 29, 2023
Toronto
So someone hung a bike pump (no way it was me!) In the tool storage rack on the wall beside her car. Who wouldā€™ve figured I would open the door and touch the pump and scratch the paint?!?! šŸ˜±

So I tried some Maguireā€™s compound and finished off with some Maguires gold class wax. (I can almost hear Barry McGuire selling this stuff to me)

Itā€™s a little bit better, but you can still see the mark. Our resident car guy at work is recommending we wipe a little bit of touchup paint into the crack let it dry, then polish off the excess.

Can you buy the touchup stick in the Tesla app? Itā€™s the dark grey colour.

When I take a picture of it without the flash, itā€™s barely noticeable. But to me, of course, itā€™s a huge glaring defect lol

IMG_0448.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0447.jpeg
    IMG_0447.jpeg
    595.4 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: easyev
Did you get hurt?
If notŲŒ move on with life.
Accidentally bumping a car door into a bike pump isn't likely to hurt anyone, but it can be frustrating. In hindsight, I realize I should have been more careful. I'm seeking advice on recommended solutions. A colleague suggested applying paint to the cut and then polishing off the excess. Another option mentioned was using Dr. Chip Fix. While my ultimate aim is to move past this, any guidance is appreciated. Thanks.

Accidentally bumping a car door into a bike pump isn't likely to hurt anyone, but it can be frustrating. In hindsight, I realize I should have been more careful. I'm seeking advice on recommended solutions. A colleague suggested applying paint to the cut and then polishing off the excess. Another option mentioned was using Dr. Chip Fix. While my ultimate aim is to move past this, any guidance is appreciated. Thanks.
Pay no attention to that person they're being a jackass. We pay good money for these vehicles and yes even a scratch can upset the balance.