Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why Are You With Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just hope that once the legacy companies see that EV really is here to stay they throw a ton of money at charging network to support their particular cars all at once which they would certainly have the resources to do.

Ahhhahaha! Big auto will keep that profit and let someone else figure out charging. ”After we got forced into building these electric cars that are not compatible with our perpetual service model? My money!”

Ahhhahaha! Big auto will keep that profit and let someone else figure out charging. ”After we got forced into building these electric cars that are not compatible with our perpetual service model? My money!”
I disagree with your statement that they will "let someone else figure out charging" and you supported my "why" in your post: Money.

There's a reason nobody took Elon up on his offer to use the Tesla Supercharger network and that's because they saw the opportunity to become the gas stations as well in the next evolution of the automobile. Introduce a proprietary charging network + monetize the process = Profit.

I went from leased 15 prius to a 1 prius prime, now to Model Y. Tesla has the innovation of new tech and changes, and over the air updates. The supercharging is a definite plus. Only had for 2 weeks, but a few friends have model 3 and ys and coworker has 2 S40s. All pretty much no issues. We have the line up fitment issues of course depending on car, but they get fixed(hopefully the 1 for me on monday in my driveway)...I will say i have NEVER looked so hard at lines of a new car etc, I am sure many cars before have had the same issues but we never checked b4 now. Autopilot is great, and the prius prime adaptive cruise was good.
Audi/Vw cars have electrical issues till this day, wont trust them doing an EV for sure.
Toyota or Kia once they get battery capacity up maybe, if cheap enough, but cant compete with the speed of the Tesla. My 50k Model+2k acc boost beats a 100k m4SC in most cases.
Problem with most car companies is they want to rip you off on selling the car, financing the car, and maintaining it, Tesla is set price, decent financing and not trying to sell warranties and all these useless addons either. Maintenance on EV cars is minimal, though Tesla probably charges a premium to replace pads etc, but heck even a kia dealer wants $400 for a brake pad change, when i can get done myself for 50 bucks or a normal shop for under $200 easy.

Tesla gets better , not worse with age with the updates...battery range not so much of course but that is a battery/physics issue not company.

• Funny
Reactions: cucubits
I am sure many cars before have had the same issues but we never checked b4 now

Can't remember the last time I heard a cars bumper falling off from driving through a puddle like a model 3's. A 50k Genesis has better fit and finish than the 100k+ S/X.

Audi/Vw cars have electrical issues till this day, wont trust them doing an EV for sure.
Have owned 6 Audi's in the past and 2 model S' and can definitely say the S' have been in the shop to get fixed more than all 6 of my past Audi's combined. VW group cars as a whole have actually been rated by Consumer Reports to be one of the most reliable german cars, and close to some Japanese brands.

financing the car

Almost every time I have looked at Tesla's financing its more than legacy brands, plus Legacy brands usually offer rate reductions for previous owners. On top of that they offer discounts over MSRP as well. Neither of which are available when buying a Tesla.

not trying to sell warranties

Can agree Tesla don't really sell you on extras, but man they need to start pushing the extended warranty for S/X those cars definitely need it LOL

a kia dealer wants $400 for a brake pad change, when i can get done myself for 50 bucks or a normal shop for under $200 easy

Why are you comparing a dealer price for a brake change and saying if you DIY it on a Tesla its cheaper. Well obviously DIY will be cheaper, plus can you point me where you can do a full brake job DIY for $50? Compare apples to apples.

Edit: I don't want to make it seem like your car or even mine are bad cars, but let's not be delusional here. Most of what you said is basically false, enjoy the car for what it is, not what it isn't.

Can't remember the last time I heard a cars bumper falling off from driving through a puddle like a model 3's. A 50k Genesis has better fit and finish than the 100k+ S/X.

Have owned 6 Audi's in the past and 2 model S' and can definitely say the S' have been in the shop to get fixed more than all 6 of my past Audi's combined. VW group cars as a whole have actually been rated by Consumer Reports to be one of the most reliable german cars, and close to some Japanese brands.

Almost every time I have looked at Tesla's financing its more than legacy brands, plus Legacy brands usually offer rate reductions for previous owners. On top of that they offer discounts over MSRP as well. Neither of which are available when buying a Tesla.

Can agree Tesla don't really sell you on extras, but man they need to start pushing the extended warranty for S/X those cars definitely need it LOL

Why are you comparing a dealer price for a brake change and saying if you DIY it on a Tesla its cheaper. Well obviously DIY will be cheaper, plus can you point me where you can do a full brake job DIY for $50? Compare apples to apples.

Edit: I don't want to make it seem like your car or even mine are bad cars, but let's not be delusional here. Most of what you said is basically false, enjoy the car for what it is, not what it isn't
If you read completely, i said under $200 at a mechanic for brake pad change, and yes I can change pads on a kia myself for under $50.

We have had different experiences obviously in regards to Audi, A6 i had over a month was GARBAGE. Plus i refuse to own a VW, they are cheaters(ie diesel emissions).

No warranty for 3/Y, and no maint packages either now.

I have heard of MANY 1st year production cars having major issues...heck my 01 focus battery Alternator was DOA under 10k miles.

Financing is usually best at credit unions either way.