Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why Frunk unlock and not Trunk on first page of Tesla App?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m curious why Tesla put the Frunk unlock button on the front page instead of the trunk. I use the trunk all the time but don’t want to use the Frunk very often. I wish there was a way to customize which one you wanted on the app which would limit the amount of key presses having to dive into controls. Same for the widget on iPhones.

Popping the trunk is pointless. You can open the trunk by simply lifting on it (pressing the button). No need to pop. You would need to do that exact motion anyway on the M3 since the trunk does not auto open.

You can’t open the frrunk without first popping it open so that needs a remote open.

They are just keeping it simple. I like configurability too, but configurability is hard to make intuitive and sometimes software engineering is better spent elsewhere.

Popping the trunk is pointless. You can open the trunk by simply lifting on it (pressing the button). No need to pop. You would need to do that exact motion anyway on the M3 since the trunk does not auto open.

You can’t open the frrunk without first popping it open so that needs a remote open.

They are just keeping it simple. I like configurability too, but configurability is hard to make intuitive and sometimes software engineering is better spent elsewhere.

But if you're opening for someone else or want the truck to open before both hands are full with groceries, it would be great to have the truck open button on the home page.