Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why Haven't You Pulled The Trigger?

What Are You Waiting For To Lock In Your Order?

• Test Drive

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Short Range

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Non Premium

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Air Suspension

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • More Interior Options

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Other

Votes: 18 35.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mikevbf

Feb 11, 2012
vermont
It seems like Tesla has invited almost everyone in North America to configure whether you just placed a reservation yesterday or waited in line years ago on day 1 to place your reservation. For those who have not pulled the trigger, what are you waiting for? If you choose other in the poll, please specify what the other refers to in the thread.

"Other"
With the floodgates open, I am a little concerned about the 3-5 month delivery date estimate being pushed to 2019 and not being eligible for full $7500 tax rebate.

Okay but does this mean you aren’t going to buy one then? The longer you wait the less likely you are to get the full refund. Will you buy SR if you don’t get the full refund or are you not buying one at all.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
Okay but does this mean you aren’t going to buy one then? The longer you wait the less likely you are to get the full refund. Will you buy SR if you don’t get the full refund or are you not buying one at all.

It's only been 5 hours since I got the order invitation :) I will probably still buy one. Feel like I need "sleep on it" at least a night. I prefer the Long Range, but would not buy one if I knew I was not going to get the $7500 rebate. I think I would pass the short range without the rebate.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
It's only been 5 hours since I got the order invitation :) I will probably still buy one. Feel like I need "sleep on it" at least a night. I prefer the Long Range, but would not buy one if I knew I was not going to get the $7500 rebate. I think I would pass the short range without the rebate.

Would you buy SR with $3750 or $1875 credit? I think that’s where I’m at. I’d love LR. It just doesn’t make financial sense for me at this point even though it would only be $68 more per month than the SR with a reduced credit if I could get the $7500 credit. Like you said, there’s likely real risk of not getting the full credit so i think I’m waiting until SR is available and hoping for a $3750 credit.

Would you buy SR with $3750 or $1875 credit? I think that’s where I’m at. I’d love LR. It just doesn’t make financial sense for me at this point even though it would only be $68 more per month than the SR with a reduced credit if I could get the $7500 credit. Like you said, there’s likely real risk of not getting the full credit so i think I’m waiting until SR is available and hoping for a $3750 credit.

That's a good point about the Standard range and partial credit. Yes, I might do that. The LR is a luxury , but in my mind I see the $7500 rebate as a "coupon" bringing the cost down to $1500. I would buy the Premium package in the standard range anyway (I have a spouse that really wants the power seats and heated seats, I could do without). I've plotted my road trips on the trip planner comparing a 200 mile range car to a 300 mile range car and the stoppage time more than doubles and I would end up driving out of the way to charge. However for city driving, the LR is not needed in my opinion.

Other: Got me a less expensive EV. Enjoying the torque, accel, Android Auto/Carplay, one pedal driving, etc. so much that its hard for me to justify spending more to get Autopilot and Supercharging. The other EV pricing was just too compelling to pass up. Tesla still has my $1K.....unsure whether I'll turn that into a SR order.

Last edited:
Other.

I value the CA HOV stickers/access more and having it as long as I can, not just until 2022/23. So I'm going for cheap volt/bolt/leaf 3 year lease as many times as they allow which at this point is 2025 but could be extended.

A volt 3 year lease is going for 7-9k total right now. Two of these 3 year leases back to back totalling under 20k I'll be super happy with.

Strictly my weekday work commute car.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lunarx
"Other"
With the floodgates open, I am a little concerned about the 3-5 month delivery date estimate being pushed to 2019 and not being eligible for full $7500 tax rebate.

That was also in my mind. That and there is a tiny chance they goofed and accidentally delivered 200k this month and 4th quarter deliveries is half credit.

other. i need a car in november and was planning on ordering in august. it’s actually kind of annoying because of if i get a delivery call for 1 week from now that’s way too early for me but the 3-5 lead time makes me nervous too.

so at this point I have no idea when i’d pull the trigger.

Have a lease on a Volt that ends 02/20. Wondering how likely I'm going to get someone to take over the lease. A Volt is niche car to people. Not like I'm trying to get rid of an Accord. I hate the thought of missing out on the full tax credit. Lease payments for the remainder would still be less than the full tax credit. But hate the thought of the car just sitting for a year or so while I drive a fancy Model 3. Mind says wait. Heart says pull the damn trigger. Ugh. :confused: